Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not the kind of woman men marry...

Posted by   + Show Post
WTF.

My neighbor actually told me I was not the kind of woman men actually marry. Just have sex with til they are ready to settle down. What a bitch!

She asked me if my current SO and I had set a date yet. When I told her we have called off the engagement for now, thy was her answer. Wow. And she did t even realize what a bitch she was being and was shocked when I was offended. She tried to say she meant I wasn't the kind to settle down myself but that's not what she said.
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Replies (751-760):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 89 on Apr. 18, 2017 at 9:57 PM
What welfare?

Quoting Anonymous 82: It would have affected your welfare.

Quoting Anonymous 89: Why do we need the government involved in our relationship? That's why we didn't get a marriage license. Being a double income couple we are very financially secure and between our savings accounts, retirement accounts, and our insurance policies we will both be very financially secure in the event of the other dying. Neither of us need the others social security death benefits to live.

Quoting Anonymous 82: Why wouldn't you just get married if you had a ceremony and wear rings?? That doesn't make any sense. When your boyfriend dies you will not be entitled to his social security death benefits.

Quoting Anonymous 89: We had a ceremony 25 years ago with friends and family, we just didn't get a marriage license and "make it legally binding". We wear rings, we have the same relationship as any other couple with a license. No one knows that we aren't legally married, not even our children. We are 57 and 56, have established careers and are just like anyone else in our social circle. Do you ask to see people's marriage licenses when you befriend them? It's nothing people need to publicly announce. We have will's, life insurance policies and we provide very well for our children who are 12, 14, 16, 18, 20 and 22. You'd never know that we don't have that little piece of paper and neither of us are going anywhere.

Quoting Anonymous 91:

c'mon now, they've celebrated 25 "been-togethers"

lol

Quoting owl0210: A life girlfriend?

Quoting Anonymous 89: No. Life partner.

Quoting SommelierMom: I didn't say dating, I said girlfriend. You're his girlfriend.

Quoting Anonymous 89: Neither am I , we live together, we aren't dating. 26 years together, 25 living together and 6 children. That's more than dating.

Quoting SommelierMom: Yeah, I'm not the girlfriend type.
Quoting Anonymous 89: So? You can't have a committed relationship without being married? My S/O and I have been together for 26 years and don't need a piece of paper to validate us.
Quoting SommelierMom: And 3 years later, unmarried. �°ï¿½�¤�£�°ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Apr. 18, 2017 at 10:27 PM
If being married isn't important, why don't your kids know you're not?

Quoting Anonymous 89: We had a ceremony 25 years ago with friends and family, we just didn't get a marriage license and "make it legally binding". We wear rings, we have the same relationship as any other couple with a license. No one knows that we aren't legally married, not even our children. We are 57 and 56, have established careers and are just like anyone else in our social circle. Do you ask to see people's marriage licenses when you befriend them? It's nothing people need to publicly announce. We have will's, life insurance policies and we provide very well for our children who are 12, 14, 16, 18, 20 and 22. You'd never know that we don't have that little piece of paper and neither of us are going anywhere.

Quoting Anonymous 91:

lol

Quoting SommelierMom: I didn't say dating, I said girlfriend. You're his girlfriend.

Quoting Anonymous 89: Neither am I , we live together, we aren't dating. 26 years together, 25 living together and 6 children. That's more than dating.

Quoting Anonymous 89: So? You can't have a committed relationship without being married? My S/O and I have been together for 26 years and don't need a piece of paper to validate us.
Quoting SommelierMom: And 3 years later, unmarried. �°ï¿½�¤�£�°ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½

Anonymous
by Anonymous 89 on Apr. 18, 2017 at 10:38 PM
I never said that being married wasn't important to us. I said that we weren't legally married. We had a commitment ceremony, we consider ourselves married in the eyes of God, we just didn't feel the need to record it with the state. Why does the government need to be a part of our relationship? We legally changed our last names to the hyphenated combination of our last names and all of our children have that last name. My s/o is an attorney so we have all necessary legal documentation taken care of in the event that one of us should die. To our children we are married because we consider ourselves to be married but obviously we are really just living together.

Quoting Anonymous 17: If being married isn't important, why don't your kids know you're not?

Quoting Anonymous 91:

lol

Quoting SommelierMom: And 3 years later, unmarried. ����¯�¿�½������°������¯������¿������½����¯�¿�½������¤����¯�¿�½������£����¯�¿�½������°������¯������¿������½������¯������¿������½������¯������¿������½

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Apr. 18, 2017 at 10:56 PM
And I can consider myself an apple. It doesn't make me one.

You're your boyfriend's girlfriend. Nothing more. And you have bastard children.

Quoting Anonymous 89: I never said that being married wasn't important to us. I said that we weren't legally married. We had a commitment ceremony, we consider ourselves married in the eyes of God, we just didn't feel the need to record it with the state. Why does the government need to be a part of our relationship? We legally changed our last names to the hyphenated combination of our last names and all of our children have that last name. My s/o is an attorney so we have all necessary legal documentation taken care of in the event that one of us should die. To our children we are married because we consider ourselves to be married but obviously we are really just living together.

Quoting Anonymous 17: If being married isn't important, why don't your kids know you're not?
Quoting Anonymous 91:

lol

Quoting SommelierMom: And 3 years later, unmarried. ����¯�¿�½������°������¯������¿������½����¯�¿�½������¤����¯�¿�½������£����¯�¿�½������°������¯������¿������½������¯������¿������½������¯������¿������½

Crazy-Steph
by Emerald Member on Apr. 18, 2017 at 10:59 PM
How do you file your tax returns?

Quoting Anonymous 89: I never said that being married wasn't important to us. I said that we weren't legally married. We had a commitment ceremony, we consider ourselves married in the eyes of God, we just didn't feel the need to record it with the state. Why does the government need to be a part of our relationship? We legally changed our last names to the hyphenated combination of our last names and all of our children have that last name. My s/o is an attorney so we have all necessary legal documentation taken care of in the event that one of us should die. To our children we are married because we consider ourselves to be married but obviously we are really just living together.

Quoting Anonymous 91:

lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 89 on Apr. 18, 2017 at 11:13 PM
We file them separately.

Quoting Crazy-Steph: How do you file your tax returns?

Quoting Anonymous 91:

lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 89 on Apr. 18, 2017 at 11:16 PM
Legally we are not married, commitment wise we are just as equal as anyone with a marriage certificate. You know that a piece of paper doesn't guarantee fidelity and God doesn't think you are better just because you are registered with the state, right?

It's 2017, the illegitimate/legitimate thing really no longer matters. LOL

Quoting Anonymous 17: And I can consider myself an apple. It doesn't make me one.

You're your boyfriend's girlfriend. Nothing more. And you have bastard children.

Quoting Anonymous 91:

lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 98 on Apr. 18, 2017 at 11:17 PM
She was right, Jocelyn, you're never getting married.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 99 on Apr. 18, 2017 at 11:20 PM
The moron bumping these old posts needs to get off her lazy ass and troll something interesting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Apr. 18, 2017 at 11:21 PM
Exactly, you're not married. And you're not engaged. Therefore, you're his girlfriend.

I don't believe in any god.

Illegitimate children are still bastard children.

Quoting Anonymous 89: Legally we are not married, commitment wise we are just as equal as anyone with a marriage certificate. You know that a piece of paper doesn't guarantee fidelity and God doesn't think you are better just because you are registered with the state, right?

It's 2017, the illegitimate/legitimate thing really no longer matters. LOL

Quoting Anonymous 17: And I can consider myself an apple. It doesn't make me one.

Quoting Anonymous 91:

lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN