Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not the kind of woman men marry...

Posted by   + Show Post
WTF.

My neighbor actually told me I was not the kind of woman men actually marry. Just have sex with til they are ready to settle down. What a bitch!

She asked me if my current SO and I had set a date yet. When I told her we have called off the engagement for now, thy was her answer. Wow. And she did t even realize what a bitch she was being and was shocked when I was offended. She tried to say she meant I wasn't the kind to settle down myself but that's not what she said.
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:38 PM
hmm
thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:39 PM
6 moms liked this

She probably just thinks of the old adage about why buy the cow since you're giving it up for free. It does have some merit but they way she said that was rude.

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm actually getting divorced and live with the only other man I've been in a relationship with in several years. Heh. But whatever. A she can think what she wants.

Quoting klespeedy0205: ouch. that stung a little and it wasnt said to me. dont worry about her. i am 36 and never been married. i was engaged and have lived with 2 other men. i take marriage very seriously and refuse to just do it with just anyone.

btw, she is prob jealous.
Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Very much so. She's really on the uptight side and super nosy so I should not be surprised

Quoting Anonymous: She is a hater.
Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Nope.

Quoting Anonymous: Is it true?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Is it true?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM
19 moms liked this
So you're married AND you were engaged...at the same time?
#winning

Quoting Joie35: I'm actually getting divorced and live with the only other man I've been in a relationship with in several years. Heh. But whatever. A she can think what she wants.

Quoting klespeedy0205: ouch. that stung a little and it wasnt said to me. dont worry about her. i am 36 and never been married. i was engaged and have lived with 2 other men. i take marriage very seriously and refuse to just do it with just anyone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Then don't worry about it. People say stupid shit all the time.

Quoting Joie35: Nope.

Quoting Anonymous: Is it true?
Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:41 PM
No. I actually live with only man I've been in a serious relationship with for years except my ex husband

Quoting Anonymous: Is there any truth to her words? Do you have a habit of going from men to men that are not willing to commit?
aiyess
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
This made me laugh.

Quoting Anonymous: So you're married AND you were engaged...at the same time?

#winning

Quoting Joie35: I'm actually getting divorced and live with the only other man I've been in a relationship with in several years. Heh. But whatever. A she can think what she wants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)