Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not the kind of woman men marry...

Posted by   + Show Post
WTF.

My neighbor actually told me I was not the kind of woman men actually marry. Just have sex with til they are ready to settle down. What a bitch!

She asked me if my current SO and I had set a date yet. When I told her we have called off the engagement for now, thy was her answer. Wow. And she did t even realize what a bitch she was being and was shocked when I was offended. She tried to say she meant I wasn't the kind to settle down myself but that's not what she said.
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Replies (21-30):
Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Um cuz you know me well enough to know that....how

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like she's right,  sorry the truth hurts ya! 

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Meh. I refuse to go without sex just because I'm not married.

Quoting thejodigirl:

She probably just thinks of the old adage about why buy the cow since you're giving it up for free. It does have some merit but they way she said that was rude.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Do you sleep around?

There are girls guys screw, and girls they take home to their mother and eventually marry..

If you screw a guy with a a date or two you not one those girls a guy will take home to meet mom.

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Very separated. My ex is engaged as well.

Quoting Anonymous: So you're married AND you were engaged...at the same time?

#winning

Quoting Joie35: I'm actually getting divorced and live with the only other man I've been in a relationship with in several years. Heh. But whatever. A she can think what she wants.

Quoting klespeedy0205: ouch. that stung a little and it wasnt said to me. dont worry about her. i am 36 and never been married. i was engaged and have lived with 2 other men. i take marriage very seriously and refuse to just do it with just anyone.

btw, she is prob jealous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Some people are just stupid.  I believe that I'm the type of woman that men don't marry, even though I am married.  Most all of my boyfriends cheated on me and/or married the next girl they dated after me.  I guess that's why I think that way.  I honestly have no idea why my husband married me.  I've always been very independent.  I guess men don't feel needed with me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Then you probably aren't going to find a very nice guy.

Quoting Joie35: Meh. I refuse to go without sex just because I'm not married.

Quoting thejodigirl:

She probably just thinks of the old adage about why buy the cow since you're giving it up for free. It does have some merit but they way she said that was rude.

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Already met his mom. And his dad. And no. I don't sleep around. I used to years ago but...it's been forever.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you sleep around?

There are girls guys screw, and girls they take home to their mother and eventually marry..

If you screw a guy with a a date or two you not one those girls a guy will take home to meet mom.

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Well even if it is true, still rude to say. How long y'all been neighbors? Maybe she's giving you a little insight as to how people see you
dtb-mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

My uncle once told me that no one would want to marry me or ever take me seriously because i have visible tattoos. 

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:44 PM
I never thought about it that way...

Quoting Anonymous:

Some people are just stupid.  I believe that I'm the type of woman that men don't marry, even though I am married.  Most all of my boyfriends cheated on me and/or married the next girl they dated after me.  I guess that's why I think that way.  I honestly have no idea why my husband married me.  I've always been very independent.  I guess men don't feel needed with me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN