Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not the kind of woman men marry...

Posted by   + Show Post
WTF.

My neighbor actually told me I was not the kind of woman men actually marry. Just have sex with til they are ready to settle down. What a bitch!

She asked me if my current SO and I had set a date yet. When I told her we have called off the engagement for now, thy was her answer. Wow. And she did t even realize what a bitch she was being and was shocked when I was offended. She tried to say she meant I wasn't the kind to settle down myself but that's not what she said.
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Replies (31-40):
Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Why not? Most people do not wait for marriage to have sex these days.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then you probably aren't going to find a very nice guy.

Quoting Joie35: Meh. I refuse to go without sex just because I'm not married.

Quoting thejodigirl:

She probably just thinks of the old adage about why buy the cow since you're giving it up for free. It does have some merit but they way she said that was rude.

lovelytm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Ouch!

thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:45 PM

And that's totally fine. It's your life. If she had said "Ya know hon, your low expectations of how this relationship of yours is might lead to him having less respect for you." Would you have still been offended?

Quoting thejodigirl:

She probably just thinks of the old adage about why buy the cow since you're giving it up for free. It does have some merit but they way she said that was rude.

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:46 PM
Just since October. I would be shocked if many in this neighborhood saw me that way. She's kind of the odd one out. Most of the neighborhood is unmarried couples and single.moms.

Quoting Elle.tea.22: Well even if it is true, still rude to say. How long y'all been neighbors? Maybe she's giving you a little insight as to how people see you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Is it true?

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:47 PM
So do I. And piercings. I'm the debbil. Lol

Quoting dtb-mommy:

My uncle once told me that no one would want to marry me or ever take me seriously because i have visible tattoos. 

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Probably. I might not necessarily agree with her but that's certainly a less offensive way to put it.

Quoting thejodigirl:

And that's totally fine. It's your life. If she had said "Ya know hon, your low expectations of how this relationship of yours is might lead to him having less respect for you." Would you have still been offended?

Quoting thejodigirl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:48 PM

A nice guy isn't going to want someone who is slept with a bunch of guys to marry and have kids with.   A nice guy isn't going to sleep around with a bunch of girls,either.

Quoting Joie35: Why not? Most people do not wait for marriage to have sex these days.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then you probably aren't going to find a very nice guy.

Quoting thejodigirl:

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Not that I know of.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is it true?

LadyAmaranth
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Sounds right....stop being offended so easily.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN