Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not the kind of woman men marry...

Posted by   + Show Post
WTF.

My neighbor actually told me I was not the kind of woman men actually marry. Just have sex with til they are ready to settle down. What a bitch!

She asked me if my current SO and I had set a date yet. When I told her we have called off the engagement for now, thy was her answer. Wow. And she did t even realize what a bitch she was being and was shocked when I was offended. She tried to say she meant I wasn't the kind to settle down myself but that's not what she said.
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Replies (41-50):
LEOWifePlus6
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:49 PM
2 moms liked this

some ppl think they know everything.  tell her she is rude and be done with her

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Whatever. Guess I'm cursed. I've got 4 kids and I'm pregnant with ny 5th. Clearly I cannot pass as some virginal church girl type.

Quoting Anonymous:

A nice guy isn't going to want someone who is slept with a bunch of guys to marry and have kids with.   A nice guy isn't going to sleep around with a bunch of girls,either.

Quoting Joie35: Why not? Most people do not wait for marriage to have sex these days.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then you probably aren't going to find a very nice guy.

Quoting Joie35: Meh. I refuse to go without sex just because I'm not married.

Quoting thejodigirl:

She probably just thinks of the old adage about why buy the cow since you're giving it up for free. It does have some merit but they way she said that was rude.

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Yeah. Ok. Whatever you say.

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Sounds right....stop being offended so easily.

RocknRoll.Rose
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:50 PM

People have said the same thing about me. I'm 25 and the act like I'm some old spinster lady or something. I'm just waiting for the right guy to come along.

Conner

Wyatt and Tabitha

"The baby girl without a chance. A victim of circumstance. The one who ought to give up but she's just too hard headed. A single mom who works two jobs, who loves her kids and never stops, with gentle hands and the heart of a fighter. I'm a survivor"
thejodigirl
2 moms liked this

Yeah, lol, I'd be a little offended too. As long as your happy and your relationship is healthy is all that matters. No one knows the state of your relationship better than you do. Now stop over sharing with old broad neighbors!

Quoting Joie35: Probably. I might not necessarily agree with her but that's certainly a less offensive way to put it.

Quoting thejodigirl:

And that's totally fine. It's your life. If she had said "Ya know hon, your low expectations of how this relationship of yours is might lead to him having less respect for you." Would you have still been offended?

Quoting thejodigirl:

She probably just thinks of the old adage about why buy the cow since you're giving it up for free. It does have some merit but they way she said that was rude.

Joie35
I told her I thought what she said was totally uncalled for and offensive. She acted shocked.

Quoting LEOWifePlus6:

some ppl think they know everything.  tell her she is rude and be done with her

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:50 PM
4 moms liked this

And you are not married?? How many different dads? Five??  Holy crap, no wonder she said that.

Quoting Joie35: Whatever. Guess I'm cursed. I've got 4 kids and I'm pregnant with ny 5th. Clearly I cannot pass as some virginal church girl type.

Quoting Anonymous:

A nice guy isn't going to want someone who is slept with a bunch of guys to marry and have kids with.   A nice guy isn't going to sleep around with a bunch of girls,either.

Quoting Joie35: Why not? Most people do not wait for marriage to have sex these days.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thejodigirl:

-_-
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM

How well does she know you?.. See you. Interact with you?

Was she wrong?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Are they all from the same man?

Quoting Joie35: Whatever. Guess I'm cursed. I've got 4 kids and I'm pregnant with ny 5th. Clearly I cannot pass as some virginal church girl type.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thejodigirl:

SuchAKillJoy
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Meh its a snap judgement to make but maybe shes just very old fashioned in her thinking. Im a single parent, my daughter has no father in her life, so I get some comments as well. Best to brush that shit off and right back at her, no need to take on someone else judgement dust. lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN