Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not the kind of woman men marry...

Posted by   + Show Post
WTF.

My neighbor actually told me I was not the kind of woman men actually marry. Just have sex with til they are ready to settle down. What a bitch!

She asked me if my current SO and I had set a date yet. When I told her we have called off the engagement for now, thy was her answer. Wow. And she did t even realize what a bitch she was being and was shocked when I was offended. She tried to say she meant I wasn't the kind to settle down myself but that's not what she said.
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Replies (601-610):
Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:57 PM
I want to get married and live happily ever after like the fairy tale so...no I don't want to be "that type". That said, I don't HAVE to get married to be happy. It's just a piece of paper really and I dont think every happily everafter begins with a wedding.

Quoting ImWhatReally: Ouch!! That was rude as hell.

After she said that, You should have followed up with ... "So, things are good with you and your husband?" Then walked off. Lol.

I don't know you, but, the fact that you were offended tells me that you at the least do not want or intend to be that kind of woman.

I didn't get engaged and married until I was 32. So I know the trash ppl talk.

Partially jealous of your freedom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 68 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Why on earth would it take that long for you two to divorce. If you were both engaged I would imagine it wouldn't take very long at all. Sounds ghetto.

Quoting Joie35: Very separated. My ex is engaged as well.

Quoting Anonymous: So you're married AND you were engaged...at the same time?

#winning

Quoting Joie35: I'm actually getting divorced and live with the only other man I've been in a relationship with in several years. Heh. But whatever. A she can think what she wants.

Quoting klespeedy0205: ouch. that stung a little and it wasnt said to me. dont worry about her. i am 36 and never been married. i was engaged and have lived with 2 other men. i take marriage very seriously and refuse to just do it with just anyone.

btw, she is prob jealous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 68 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM
That's not actually true. My husband married me....

Quoting Anonymous:

A nice guy isn't going to want someone who is slept with a bunch of guys to marry and have kids with.   A nice guy isn't going to sleep around with a bunch of girls,either.

Quoting Joie35: Why not? Most people do not wait for marriage to have sex these days.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then you probably aren't going to find a very nice guy.

Quoting Joie35: Meh. I refuse to go without sex just because I'm not married.

Quoting thejodigirl:

She probably just thinks of the old adage about why buy the cow since you're giving it up for free. It does have some merit but they way she said that was rude.

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM
He only got engaged a couple weeks ago. I needed his insurance because I had some health problems and he didn't want me left without treatment. I don't care if it sounds "ghetto". It was the way we chose to handle things.

Quoting Anonymous: Why on earth would it take that long for you two to divorce. If you were both engaged I would imagine it wouldn't take very long at all. Sounds ghetto.

Quoting Joie35: Very separated. My ex is engaged as well.

Quoting Anonymous: So you're married AND you were engaged...at the same time?

#winning

Quoting Joie35: I'm actually getting divorced and live with the only other man I've been in a relationship with in several years. Heh. But whatever. A she can think what she wants.

Quoting klespeedy0205: ouch. that stung a little and it wasnt said to me. dont worry about her. i am 36 and never been married. i was engaged and have lived with 2 other men. i take marriage very seriously and refuse to just do it with just anyone.

btw, she is prob jealous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 49 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:05 PM

My point exactly! Your complaining about what your neighbor said but your proving her right at every turn. Like calling off the engagement, having unprotected sex and getting knocked up when obviously your relationship is rocky or you wouldn't have called off the engagement.

Quoting Joie35: My SO and I are having a child together. I'm due in September.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then use double protection so you don't get knocked up from a man you aren't married to.

Quoting thejodigirl:

She probably just thinks of the old adage about why buy the cow since you're giving it up for free. It does have some merit but they way she said that was rude.

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Got pregnant before the engagement was called off. Found out after.

As for protection...at the time we weren't preventing on purpose because I have health issues that will.probably limit how much longer I can have babies and my SO has a very strong desire.to be a father. Best timing and best decision? Obviously not but I didn't want to wait and marry the guy and then find out I'd never be able to give him a child.

Quoting Anonymous:

My point exactly! Your complaining about what your neighbor said but your proving her right at every turn. Like calling off the engagement, having unprotected sex and getting knocked up when obviously your relationship is rocky or you wouldn't have called off the engagement.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then use double protection so you don't get knocked up from a man you aren't married to.

Quoting thejodigirl:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 49 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:17 PM

So your going to say you guys never had problems before calling off the engagement? You don't just call off an engagement out of the blue after one argument, it's usually a long time coming. Unless he cheated, you cheated or something of the sort.

Quoting Joie35: Got pregnant before the engagement was called off. Found out after.

As for protection...at the time we weren't preventing on purpose because I have health issues that will.probably limit how much longer I can have babies and my SO has a very strong desire.to be a father. Best timing and best decision? Obviously not but I didn't want to wait and marry the guy and then find out I'd never be able to give him a child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thejodigirl:

AllaB
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Well...she is rude but,,,,,,is she correct? Had everyone seen you in a relationship with several men in a short period of time? Why would someone make a statement like this without any basis?...On the other hand, ask yourself why do you care what your neighbors think of you or the way you live your life? Unless she is paying your bills she needs to stay the f*k out of your business and mind her comments.

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Yes. We had issues. Actually *I* had issues I was ignoring...pretending weren't there. Ok prety close to full fledged denial about them. I was actually shocked and furious when he called off the engagement because in my mind we were stable and happy. But after calming down and looking at it from his side I saw a lot of things I needed to work on and.promptly got.myself.help and a job.

Quoting Anonymous:

So your going to say you guys never had problems before calling off the engagement? You don't just call off an engagement out of the blue after one argument, it's usually a long time coming. Unless he cheated, you cheated or something of the sort.

Quoting Joie35: Got pregnant before the engagement was called off. Found out after.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thejodigirl:

Joie35
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Nope. She's just seen me with the one man. I think her opinion has more to do with my appearance and what I do for a living than anything.

And you're right. Her opinion should matter fuck all to me. And letting her get to me is my own problem.

Quoting AllaB:

Well...she is rude but,,,,,,is she correct? Had everyone seen you in a relationship with several men in a short period of time? Why would someone make a statement like this without any basis?...On the other hand, ask yourself why do you care what your neighbors think of you or the way you live your life? Unless she is paying your bills she needs to stay the f*k out of your business and mind her comments.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN