Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not the kind of woman men marry...

Posted by   + Show Post
WTF.

My neighbor actually told me I was not the kind of woman men actually marry. Just have sex with til they are ready to settle down. What a bitch!

She asked me if my current SO and I had set a date yet. When I told her we have called off the engagement for now, thy was her answer. Wow. And she did t even realize what a bitch she was being and was shocked when I was offended. She tried to say she meant I wasn't the kind to settle down myself but that's not what she said.
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Replies (611-620):
DoofusAloofus
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Wow, what was her reasoning? Is she privy to details of your personal life/relationships? (i.e. Do you overshare with her?) What would make her say such a thing? (sorry for 20 questions, lol)

Joie35
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:26 PM
She didn't really explain her reasoning. When I called her.on it she backpedalled and tried to say it she meant I was so free.spirited and non domestic she didn't see me as wanting to be tied down to one guy....

I think she's judging more based on my appearance and job and the active lifestyle I have because she diesnt have any way of knowing my.personal details. I haven't talked to her much at all. The only reason she even knew about the engagement in the first place was my SO showed the ring to anyone who would stand still and look.

Quoting DoofusAloofus:

Wow, what was her reasoning? Is she privy to details of your personal life/relationships? (i.e. Do you overshare with her?) What would make her say such a thing? (sorry for 20 questions, lol)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Some women just don't have a filter & sometimes ppl like that are put in our life to draw us in to perspective...

Sometimes the truth hurts but its needed.
Joie35
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:49 PM
But when it isn't the truth...then it's just rude ass word vomit that should be kept to.oneself.

Quoting Anonymous: Some women just don't have a filter & sometimes ppl like that are put in our life to draw us in to perspective...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Maybe you need to look deeper. She's calling it like she sees it. How you see yourself in the mirror vrs how others look at you can be extream opposites.

Quoting Joie35: But when it isn't the truth...then it's just rude ass word vomit that should be kept to.oneself.

Quoting Anonymous: Some women just don't have a filter & sometimes ppl like that are put in our life to draw us in to perspective...

Joie35
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:01 PM
I'm not going to change who I am because others don't like it. I'm more likely to learn how to.blow off stupid comments like hers than change myself to.please someone else. I like who I am.

Quoting Anonymous: Maybe you need to look deeper. She's calling it like she sees it. How you see yourself in the mirror vrs how others look at you can be extream opposites.

Quoting Joie35: But when it isn't the truth...then it's just rude ass word vomit that should be kept to.oneself.

xxshelbyxxx
by Scarlet begonias on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Right, so what her neighbor said IS TRUE.

Quoting Anonymous: So you're married AND you were engaged...at the same time?
#winning

Quoting Joie35: I'm actually getting divorced and live with the only other man I've been in a relationship with in several years. Heh. But whatever. A she can think what she wants.

Quoting klespeedy0205: ouch. that stung a little and it wasnt said to me. dont worry about her. i am 36 and never been married. i was engaged and have lived with 2 other men. i take marriage very seriously and refuse to just do it with just anyone.

btw, she is prob jealous.
Sonja84
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:39 PM
And?....
So what my mom had my little brother with my step dad when I was 3 1/2. She and my bio father had not been together for almost 3 years. She didn't divorce my bio father for many years after that. Didn't really matter. As I said before some times Getting some stupid little paper signed is not everyone top priority. The signing on a document isn't what makes you no longer with someone it's breaking up a being completely done with the relationship.

Quoting kitty8199: She's married and pregnant with another man's child.

Quoting Sonja84: Wow you're unbearably judgey!
Her first kid is from high school. Though I'm sure she doesn't look at her child as a mistake but as a blessing. That doesn't mean the surprise of getting pregnant as a kid should and will lead to marriage even less likely it will lead to a lasting marriage.
She was with her husband long enough to have THREE kids. So its not like it was a cheap relationship that created a kid.
As for her still being married pull the stick out of your butt! Many people don't immediately file peppers even when they are 100% sure it's over. My mom has been with my dad since I was 8 months old. My bio father was a mean abusive person she was NOT going back to him and NOT in any way still connected but she didn't file the actual paper work until I was probably a pre teen. My mom and dad didn't get officially married until I was 14. They have been together for 29 years this June. Sometimes procrastination happens.

Quoting kitty8199: Yeah, like you getting divorced first.

You realize legally that baby is your husband's regardless of DNA.

Quoting Joie35: Lol judge away. Whatever. My SO and I still.hope.to.get.married someday. We just ran into a rough patch and need.to.work through some.things.

Quoting Anonymous: Three different dads, and you aren't married now?  umm.. wow, I have no idea why someone would say that you are not the kind of girl a guy would want to marry.  Quoting Joie35: No dear. I am getting divorced actually. My oldest was born when is was in highschool. The younger 3 are all my ex husbands. The baby I'm carrying is my SOs

Quoting Anonymous: And you are not married?? How many different dads? Five??  Holy crap, no wonder she said that.Quoting Joie35: Whatever. Guess I'm cursed. I've got 4 kids and I'm pregnant with ny 5th. Clearly I cannot pass as some virginal church girl type.

Quoting Anonymous: A nice guy isn't going to want someone who is slept with a bunch of guys to marry and have kids with.   A nice guy isn't going to sleep around with a bunch of girls,either.Quoting Joie35: Why not? Most people do not wait for marriage to have sex these days.

Quoting Anonymous: Then you probably aren't going to find a very nice guy.Quoting Joie35: Meh. I refuse to go without sex just because I'm not married.

Quoting thejodigirl:

She probably just thinks of the old adage about why buy the cow since you're giving it up for free. It does have some merit but they way she said that was rude.

Sonja84
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Lol gotta love auto correct
Thanks

Quoting Anonymous:

Hey. Before they start picking you apart. you said peppers. I also have to say you are right my brother and his wife have not filed their papers. My sister in law would lose her benefits from being my brothers wife. She has a new boyfriend and my brother has a girlfriend. :/

Quoting Sonja84: Wow you're unbearably judgey!
Her first kid is from high school. Though I'm sure she doesn't look at her child as a mistake but as a blessing. That doesn't mean the surprise of getting pregnant as a kid should and will lead to marriage even less likely it will lead to a lasting marriage.
She was with her husband long enough to have THREE kids. So its not like it was a cheap relationship that created a kid.
As for her still being married pull the stick out of your butt! Many people don't immediately file peppers even when they are 100% sure it's over. My mom has been with my dad since I was 8 months old. My bio father was a mean abusive person she was NOT going back to him and NOT in any way still connected but she didn't file the actual paper work until I was probably a pre teen. My mom and dad didn't get officially married until I was 14. They have been together for 29 years this June. Sometimes procrastination happens.

Quoting kitty8199: Yeah, like you getting divorced first.

You realize legally that baby is your husband's regardless of DNA.

Quoting Joie35: Lol judge away. Whatever. My SO and I still.hope.to.get.married someday. We just ran into a rough patch and need.to.work through some.things.

Quoting Anonymous: Three different dads, and you aren't married now?  umm.. wow, I have no idea why someone would say that you are not the kind of girl a guy would want to marry.  Quoting Joie35: No dear. I am getting divorced actually. My oldest was born when is was in highschool. The younger 3 are all my ex husbands. The baby I'm carrying is my SOs

Quoting Anonymous: And you are not married?? How many different dads? Five??  Holy crap, no wonder she said that.Quoting Joie35: Whatever. Guess I'm cursed. I've got 4 kids and I'm pregnant with ny 5th. Clearly I cannot pass as some virginal church girl type.

Quoting Anonymous: A nice guy isn't going to want someone who is slept with a bunch of guys to marry and have kids with.   A nice guy isn't going to sleep around with a bunch of girls,either.Quoting Joie35: Why not? Most people do not wait for marriage to have sex these days.

Quoting Anonymous: Then you probably aren't going to find a very nice guy.Quoting Joie35: Meh. I refuse to go without sex just because I'm not married.

Quoting thejodigirl:

She probably just thinks of the old adage about why buy the cow since you're giving it up for free. It does have some merit but they way she said that was rude.

Joie35
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Um no. But clearly you're the super judgy judgy type....whatever floats your boat.

Quoting xxshelbyxxx: Right, so what her neighbor said IS TRUE.

Quoting Anonymous: So you're married AND you were engaged...at the same time?
#winning

Quoting Joie35: I'm actually getting divorced and live with the only other man I've been in a relationship with in several years. Heh. But whatever. A she can think what she wants.

Quoting klespeedy0205: ouch. that stung a little and it wasnt said to me. dont worry about her. i am 36 and never been married. i was engaged and have lived with 2 other men. i take marriage very seriously and refuse to just do it with just anyone.

btw, she is prob jealous.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)