Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not the kind of woman men marry...

Posted by   + Show Post
WTF.

My neighbor actually told me I was not the kind of woman men actually marry. Just have sex with til they are ready to settle down. What a bitch!

She asked me if my current SO and I had set a date yet. When I told her we have called off the engagement for now, thy was her answer. Wow. And she did t even realize what a bitch she was being and was shocked when I was offended. She tried to say she meant I wasn't the kind to settle down myself but that's not what she said.
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Replies (621-630):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:55 PM
I guess honesty is a hard pill to swallow for some.
Joie35
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess living a less than conventional but HAPPY life is too much fir some to understand.

Quoting Anonymous: I guess honesty is a hard pill to swallow for some.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Internalized misogyny. What's worse is she (and probably most women in this post) don't even recognize it. We buy into this bullshit idea that we need to be a "certain" type of woman to please a man. Fuck that shit! Please yourself!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Probably. I certainly don't need marriage.

Quoting Joie35: I guess living a less than conventional but HAPPY life is too much fir some to understand.

ImWhatReally
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree completely. I was perfectly happy single, which is why I wasn't married until 32 or 33.

Most of my family and friends were shocked when I said I was getting married. Lol. I had always said I didn't want to get married. I had been told I couldn't have children, so, it wasn't like I was going to screw up anything by staying single. I had serious/long term relationships, but, when they would propose I would let them go so they could meet someone who wanted marriage.

I met someone who totally blew me away, got married and now have 2 children and 1 on the way! He already had a daughter. Our son is almost 2, our daughter is due in March.

Don't listen to haters, you do what you feel is best for you and your family. Marriage should be taken serious, if there's any doubts then get out.

Although the fairy tale part I seriously doubt exists for anyone. :)

Quoting Joie35: I want to get married and live happily ever after like the fairy tale so...no I don't want to be "that type". That said, I don't HAVE to get married to be happy. It's just a piece of paper really and I dont think every happily everafter begins with a wedding.

Quoting ImWhatReally: Ouch!! That was rude as hell.
After she said that, You should have followed up with ... "So, things are good with you and your husband?" Then walked off. Lol.
I don't know you, but, the fact that you were offended tells me that you at the least do not want or intend to be that kind of woman.
I didn't get engaged and married until I was 32. So I know the trash ppl talk.
Partially jealous of your freedom.
Joie35
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh I know life isn't really going to be a fairy tale. But I admit to being enough of a romantic to wish for one lol.

Quoting ImWhatReally: I agree completely. I was perfectly happy single, which is why I wasn't married until 32 or 33.

Most of my family and friends were shocked when I said I was getting married. Lol. I had always said I didn't want to get married. I had been told I couldn't have children, so, it wasn't like I was going to screw up anything by staying single. I had serious/long term relationships, but, when they would propose I would let them go so they could meet someone who wanted marriage.

I met someone who totally blew me away, got married and now have 2 children and 1 on the way! He already had a daughter. Our son is almost 2, our daughter is due in March.

Don't listen to haters, you do what you feel is best for you and your family. Marriage should be taken serious, if there's any doubts then get out.

Although the fairy tale part I seriously doubt exists for anyone. :)

Quoting Joie35: I want to get married and live happily ever after like the fairy tale so...no I don't want to be "that type". That said, I don't HAVE to get married to be happy. It's just a piece of paper really and I dont think every happily everafter begins with a wedding.

Quoting ImWhatReally: Ouch!! That was rude as hell.
After she said that, You should have followed up with ... "So, things are good with you and your husband?" Then walked off. Lol.
I don't know you, but, the fact that you were offended tells me that you at the least do not want or intend to be that kind of woman.
I didn't get engaged and married until I was 32. So I know the trash ppl talk.
Partially jealous of your freedom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Your children are more important than your own happiness.

Quoting Joie35: I guess living a less than conventional but HAPPY life is too much fir some to understand.

Joie35
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Ummm being unhappy is not good for my children.either.

Kids know when their parents are miserable. They know when their parents are throwing away happiness to sacrifice for them and that.isn't always healthy either.

I believe a happy, fulfilled mom is a much BETTER mom than a martyr mom. Especially when my happiness.does not in ant way negatively impact them at all.

Quoting Anonymous: Your children are more important than your own happiness.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Yes ,I am sure the instability of having a random guy who knocked up their mom living in the home and MIGHT decide to be a father makes for a happy home...

Quoting Joie35: Ummm being unhappy is not good for my children.either.

Kids know when their parents are miserable. They know when their parents are throwing away happiness to sacrifice for them and that.isn't always healthy either.

I believe a happy, fulfilled mom is a much BETTER mom than a martyr mom. Especially when my happiness.does not in ant way negatively impact them at all.

Joie35
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Actually it does. He's a good guy and they all have fun together. They enjoy him and consider him a friend. My 14 yr old daughter has even told.me it.makes her happy.to see me happy with him and she.hopes we will end up together.

He's not some random. He was my friend for a long time before we dated and my kids already knew him.in that capacity.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes ,I am sure the instability of having a random guy who knocked up their mom living in the home and MIGHT decide to be a father makes for a happy home...

Quoting Joie35: Ummm being unhappy is not good for my children.either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)