Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is your kiddle still rear-facing?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:10 PM
  • 326 Replies

So, I was going to my parent's house today when I noticed that my daughter might be too tall for the rear facing position of her car seat. She'll be 3 in June.

I'm a little sad about it. I got the MyRide65 thinking she could just rear face for quite awhile, but she's pretty tall. She was 37 inches in December, and I can tell she's even taller now. I figure she'll be out of 3T by end of summer.

When did you stop rear facing? Was it because of the height restriction? Was it weight? Did you just do it because you wanted to have them front facing?

I'm especially curious on kids that have became too tall for rear-facing.

EDIT:

A kiddle is a kid. It's a slang, or a local colloquialism... if that helps you. Not changing it, because it's not a typo.

Thank you everyone for your responses! I found out some great information from you guys! Thanks!!! 

by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alyssasmommy412
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:25 PM
2 moms liked this

My DD was a month before 4 and we would have waited but we took the seat on a plane so she was forward facing on vacation, so we just kept her FF. My DD is only 38 inches now so she was short enough to still fit. Try the car seat group they may have some recommendations or they may be able to tell you how to fix the seat so you can RF longer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:25 PM
2 moms liked this
No. She's 9
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

well when ds was that age it was just the norm to switch them at 1/20 lbs but i'm currently pregnant and will be keeping this one rear facing as long as possible...we'll see what happens.

momto3infl
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Well I turned my kids at 1 and 20 to 22lbs because of the carseats we had with each of the three kids one of the seats was a convertable seat only went up to 23lbs max.

MizzDeeDee
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Crazy, isn't it? I think they just changed the recommendations when mine was just under 2. ALWAYS these new rules!

And to think.. women used to carry their kids in their arms when they were in a car.

Quoting momto3infl:

Well I turned my kids at 1 and 20 to 22lbs because of the carseats we had with each of the three kids one of the seats was a convertable seat only went up to 23lbs max.

3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:33 PM
19 moms liked this

I still rear face myself. I just let my six year old (who is ff) tell me when to turn and stop.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:34 PM
5 moms liked this

All of my kids turned ff after their first bday.

AjsMom0508
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Ds was 32 months and he got too tall for his Boulevard. He's almost 6 and boostered. He has a very long torso and outgrew his SecureKid 400 using the harness right after he turned 5. I don't like having him boostered because he is only 40lbs but he at least sits properly.
MommaGreenhalge
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:38 PM
2 moms liked this
My youngest is at two. She will be for at least another year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbyblueAK
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Oldest is in a booster and ds (who is 2) is still rf
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN