Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tatted moms!

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:20 AM
  • 35 Replies
So. I need thoughts! I'm getting a tattoo done in 3 weeks but I have NO CLUE where. Right how its set to be a line from Travis' heart beat and in the center a heart with his feet print in it. I can post a pic once I get on PS tomorrow. it'll be almost 4 inches high where the top of the heart is and probably 9 inches wide give or take bc his feet prints play a big role in that. I really don't want it on my back bc I will never be able to enjoy it and my chest I planned on getting a full chest piece done in the next couple years. :/
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:25 AM
1 mom liked this

LIke this but with my sons heart beat from the hospital and the heart will be even,then his feet print in the heart..

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/89/13/22/891322e59b24a8b27c58ac9777480d45.jpg

TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Maybe his foot and hand instead of both feet..

3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:31 AM
2 moms liked this

I dunno, most footprint ones I have seen didn't turn out great and end up looking like a smudge or a bruise over time. I like the ecg read though, especially if it's an actual reading of his heartbeat. I still haven't gotten a tattoo that signifies my kids because I haven't found anything I really like yet.

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I personally would pass on the foot prints, but I like the ecg reading of his heartbeat :)

Chandra314
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:37 AM
My DH has a sleeve that starts with our twins's feet--the artist did a GREAT job at making them loll just like ink spots...so pick your artist wisely!!!

Where are your other pieces? (Ie: what's available space?)
TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:38 AM

There is a guy in town who can literally do it line for tiny line PERFECTLY. He isn't cheap by any means but I think it would be worth it. I have other tats from when I was younger I have had touched up and they look fantastic even still,my oldest tat being from when I was 15.. That's the thing with solid black tats,they do smudge and you have to "repair" them after 10 or so years..

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

I dunno, most footprint ones I have seen didn't turn out great and end up looking like a smudge or a bruise over time. I like the ecg read though, especially if it's an actual reading of his heartbeat. I still haven't gotten a tattoo that signifies my kids because I haven't found anything I really like yet.

TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:40 AM

The only spots spoken for are pieces I've started already,my left arm and chest.

My back is free,I don't want anything on my right arm. My legs are free as well.. Wrists would be too small and so would my feet for what I want..

Quoting Chandra314: My DH has a sleeve that starts with our twins's feet--the artist did a GREAT job at making them loll just like ink spots...so pick your artist wisely!!!

Where are your other pieces? (Ie: what's available space?)

3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:41 AM

Is it going to be pretty good sized? I think with something like that, bigger is going to look better. 

Quoting TheDrsRose:

There is a guy in town who can literally do it line for tiny line PERFECTLY. He isn't cheap by any means but I think it would be worth it. I have other tats from when I was younger I have had touched up and they look fantastic even still,my oldest tat being from when I was 15.. That's the thing with solid black tats,they do smudge and you have to "repair" them after 10 or so years..

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:43 AM

Yeah,I would *like* about 4 inches high and 9 inches wide(Thats a high number).. Give or take a bit since it really depends on the size the artist needs to capture his feet correctly..

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

Is it going to be pretty good sized? I think with something like that, bigger is going to look better. 

Quoting TheDrsRose:

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:44 AM

Inside of your upper arm on the back.

I dont know I've run out of places myself, I've started the process of being covered in tattoos. I've learned to cover them well lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN