Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yea, but are you REALLY a single parent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 191 Replies
15 moms liked this
Ugh so sick of hearing my friend Bitch about being a single parent. She lives at home with her parents AND grandmal. She has no job. Her parents pay for everything, give her money, baby sits if she wants to go out. I mean, you're not really a single parent. You have more support than most married people.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lunyuny
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:22 AM
True
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:22 AM
8 moms liked this

i think technically it just means your the only active parent of  said child. In that case, yes..technically, but I hear what your saying.

staceysgorbach
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Agreed.
ajdahd13
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:23 AM
That's how my SIL is. Drives me crazy.
JaneMarie80
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Ugh I know so many people like this!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:26 AM
2 moms liked this
But knowing all she stated, doesn't seem like she's the only active parent. Her parents are the active parents.

Takes more than giving birth to make someone a parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

i think technically it just means your the only active parent of  said child. In that case, yes..technically, but I hear what your saying.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM
14 moms liked this

LOL

She is still a single parent even if she has a lot of support.

I guess all of the financially well off, single moms we know aren't really single because they don't struggle and they have lots of support. 

Just because she has it easier than some single Moms doesn't mean she isn't a single parent.

armyvet06
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:43 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm a single parent and I live with my parents. I'm actively going to school to be able to support my kid on my own so I don't have to rely on my parents to care for my daughter and I financially. Just because we have help from our parents, does not mean its easy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:43 AM
She isn't raising her child alone. Her parents are also PARENTS.

Quoting danie24:

LOL

She is still a single parent even if she has a lot of support.

I guess all of the financially well off, single moms we know aren't really single because they don't struggle and they have lots of support. 

Just because she has it easier than some single Moms doesn't mean she isn't a single parent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Again, you are not raising your child alone

Quoting armyvet06: I'm a single parent and I live with my parents. I'm actively going to school to be able to support my kid on my own so I don't have to rely on my parents to care for my daughter and I financially. Just because we have help from our parents, does not mean its easy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)