Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

some guy like 2 or so hours ago called and said dh has to appear in court and I don't know why. EDITED IN PINK

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies

Yea dh is at work like normal and some guy called me and me gave me a number for him to call back and a case number and said the company that told him to call dh. They said he has 2 hours to call him back or they are putting him as a failed court date but he wouldn't tell me why he has to go. Has anyone herd of this company?? Howard Associates? If so can someone please help. I'm going anon because i feel this is a Private family thing, I just need to vent/ get advice. Do you guys think he has jury dutie? or is that completely different?

EDITED::::

Okay so dh came home last night and I asked him what happened and why does he have to go to court, he says because YEARS ago he was dating this one girl named Ashley and when he left for basic training she had access to his bank account and bought herself an engagement ring (she was crazy) and told him they were in engaged when they broke up he asked for it back and she said she didn't have it, that she sold it to get an abortion (dh didn't even know she was pregnant and that's crazy because how could she gotten pregnant while he was gone??) well he made a deal with k jewelers last night I guess and he said we only need to give them $900 then they will drop it. The crazy thing about this whole thing we have been paying them off and we told them our problem with our bank and dh told me that they will lay low for awhile until we got it all ok again then they come out of no where and told him he had to go to court? I told him he needs to make her pay for it but he doesn't even know where she's living now. I said well you know where her dad is living why don't we take a ride down there and ask her parent's where she's at now. He said because he thinks they will lie about it. idk this whole thing is stupid and I'd love to sue the sh*t outta her. Can we sue her if we find her??

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
autodidact
by Snarknado on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:07 PM
3 moms liked this

Contact the county court system, they should have info on whether he is legally obligated to appear in court. 

Zanny
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Google them.. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like bullshit to me. They don't give court papers over the phone
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

No one calls you to show up to court except maybe your own lawyer.

tinadf7
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:10 PM
2 moms liked this
I had the same call today for my husband!!!! But they called MY work line and MY brother! We aren't behind on anything so it's not a bill thing? Oddly they didn't call our home number ... My husband called the number they left (it came up unlisted) and it was a FAX machine number.
MMIC
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this
He must receive an official court notice by mail or by a person. If he doesn't get one he is not served. Of not served he absolutely doesn't have to appear!
Texor
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:10 PM

There are a lot of Howard and Associates, but none of them are law offices or anything to do with court. 

tinadf7
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:11 PM
5 moms liked this
Maybe a new scam?
Kellileanne
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:11 PM

A court summons (here anyway) is delivered by a police officer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:12 PM
2 moms liked this

First, if he had to appear in court, there would have been a summons brought to your house.

Second, it sounds like a bill collector being a dickhead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN