Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm going to be a "Single Mom" for a month :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 202 Replies

My husband is overseas for a month. I am used to doing most of the day-to-day stuff by myself for me and my daughter cause he does work a lot, but the house feels so empty already (it's only been two days). Nights are the hardest after she does to bed. I have a new appreciation for full time single Moms... it's lonely!

**edit for all the "ladies" out there that feel the need to pick apart and bitch on every post**

OBVIOUSLY I know I am not a single Mom. I have a new appreciation for single Moms out there cause I am here alone for a month. I have no family or anything around here it's just my daughter and me. I'm not on here for sympathy or anything just saying... I'm lonely already. It's going to be a long month. Yes I know there are people who go thru longer separations than this (military etc) or are single Moms for years.

**2nd edit**

A lot of you are focused on the money issue. He is taking a month leave from work and is gone for family issues. No paycheck or money coming in from him this month. As a result I am working extra shifts. It's not so bad. I make double what he does and it isn't too hard to cover. The reason he works full time and I work part time is because our daughter is young and we feel like it's more important for me to spend as much time with her as I can before she is in school full time. I didn't mention money before because I KNOW that if I did, the comments would be that I am lazy and upset that I am working extra. That is not the case. I hope that cleared things up. I do NOT believe that I am a single mom in every sense of the word. I feel like a single Mom since I am the only one here taking care of our child, the house and all our responsibilities. Please note that Single Mom was in QUOTES.  I MISS HIM. I have a new APPRECIATION for single Moms. That was the whole point.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alyjane
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:39 PM
My best friend's husband was sent overseas. She has two kids. I feel for her. And you. Stay strong, girly!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:39 PM
7 moms liked this
No you're not...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband was deployed for 8 months, but I never felt like a "single mom". it'll be okay. :-)9

Jblb
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Well my SO is away Sunday - Thursday and I would never ever ever ever consider myself a single parent. And ppl like you drive me nuts!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:42 PM
4 moms liked this

I wish I was a single mom for only a month . . .

mommy20122013ce
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:43 PM

i feel for you...i have two boys and my hubby is away right now...only for the week luckily but im here to chat if you need!

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:43 PM
I've been a single mom for almost 7 yrs. I can't remember the last time I had the house to myself.
WishingAway
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Awe. Huggs mama.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Alyjane: My best friend's husband was sent overseas. She has two kids. I feel for her. And you. Stay strong, girly!!

thanks! I know I will show him more how I appreciate him when he comes home  :)

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Him leaving doesn't invalidate your marriage. You're not single, you're just alone. And you'll be just fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)