Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm going to be a "Single Mom" for a month :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband is overseas for a month. I am used to doing most of the day-to-day stuff by myself for me and my daughter cause he does work a lot, but the house feels so empty already (it's only been two days). Nights are the hardest after she does to bed. I have a new appreciation for full time single Moms... it's lonely!

**edit for all the "ladies" out there that feel the need to pick apart and bitch on every post**

OBVIOUSLY I know I am not a single Mom. I have a new appreciation for single Moms out there cause I am here alone for a month. I have no family or anything around here it's just my daughter and me. I'm not on here for sympathy or anything just saying... I'm lonely already. It's going to be a long month. Yes I know there are people who go thru longer separations than this (military etc) or are single Moms for years.

**2nd edit**

A lot of you are focused on the money issue. He is taking a month leave from work and is gone for family issues. No paycheck or money coming in from him this month. As a result I am working extra shifts. It's not so bad. I make double what he does and it isn't too hard to cover. The reason he works full time and I work part time is because our daughter is young and we feel like it's more important for me to spend as much time with her as I can before she is in school full time. I didn't mention money before because I KNOW that if I did, the comments would be that I am lazy and upset that I am working extra. That is not the case. I hope that cleared things up. I do NOT believe that I am a single mom in every sense of the word. I feel like a single Mom since I am the only one here taking care of our child, the house and all our responsibilities. Please note that Single Mom was in QUOTES.  I MISS HIM. I have a new APPRECIATION for single Moms. That was the whole point.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Replies (181-190):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:09 PM
It's more than some married women get away from their kids. :)

Quoting Anonymous: 4 days each month off isn't much. 365-48=317 by themselves versus the 30 days by herself. Yup I see how she is a single mom. Lol. I have 365 days a year by myself. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Quoting Anonymous: Nope. Some of them get EOW off instead. =D

Quoting Anonymous: I wish my single motherhood ended after only a month. Real single moms don't have that happen though.

Quoting RaynesMommy07: It IS hard. She's not used to having to do it all. It's new to her. So, therefore it's not an easy thing to transition into. Have you thought of that? No, you're too worried about your single mom label.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RaynesMommy07: She said she sympathizes with single women now & can in ways relate to what you go through. I mean what do you want? A medal? I mean damn.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AnHpuresugar: Good grief. She isn't taking anything away from single mothers to say that she understands your struggles better. Taking offense to this just makes you look ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: Did some of you not read that she has a new found respect for what single moms go through. And you can still be a single mom and married. Are you not still married when you are going through or before you even file for divorce but yet you are no longer living together.

If yo are married you are not single.

That's like saying you can still be a Mom and not have kids.  you don't get to re-define words on a whim!

As ridiculous as a Married womannow claiming to be single?

No but apparently the OP does-for enduring that whole month of "single" Motherhood!   SHE is the one looking to be told oh how hard it all is.  Poor poor thing!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:10 PM

actually if you read the post you would know that I'm not "under-minding" (underMINING) single moms... I have a new appreciation and respect for them... (most anyway)

Quoting Anonymous: You really shouldn't make jokes like this. You are under minding us real single moms and trying to be cute about it. Its not cute. At the end of the day, you have someone who loves you and is there for you. A lot of us don't. Please delete this post.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Ooh! Hit a nerve? Lol. You told me. Ha ha

Quoting drsmith94: YOU might assume that, but it doesn't directly say that so before you tell me about my post perhaps you should read EXACTLY what it says instead of how YOU interpreted it or ask instead of assume. I simply pointed out she should be grateful for him, not that she was not already.

Quoting Anonymous: You said be grateful for what you have. That assumes that she isn't already.

Quoting drsmith94: I meant instead of focusing on him being gone and upset about that she should focus on him caring enough to do it. I didn't say she was ungrateful for him. =)

Quoting Anonymous: She's not grateful for him? Where did you read that? I read that she is going to really miss him.

Quoting drsmith94: Must be nice having a husband that is willing to work like than 2 support u. Most "single mom's" don't have that, hell some of us that aren't single don't even have a man that is willing to do that much to support their family. Be grateful for what you have.
tlcory
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Good Lord, anyone with a brain could decipher what you meant, idk what some peoples thought process is to have to make everything negative!  Hang in there Mama hopefully it goes by quickly! 

DaBuzz
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:13 PM

*smh* even after reading all of your edits. Try living on $750/month with three children for years. Yeah, tell me again how you're going to be a single mom?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Yeah it's hard for her too. She keeps asking when we can go pick him up... (it's only been a couple days). She's barely 3 so she has NO concept of a month lol... I'm trying to keep her busy. but when she goes to bed then it's so quiet and lonely here. It's ok, I'm not trying to pretend my life is so much worse than others cause I know I have it good compared to a lot. I just can't post on FB how much I miss him cause only our bosses and immediate family know he's gone (just didn't feel comfortable with the whole web knowing I'm here alone for extended time haha)

Quoting owlfeather919: Damn. Many negative replies. Don't worry about that Momma. People just LOVE to stir the pot. Sorry your Man is gone, it must be hard on you and your daughter :(. Just try and stay busy and before you know it he will be home. ~hugs~ ( and message me if you need a ear to listen)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel your pain!!! My husband travels a lot for work, and it's hard! Night time is the hardest, I agree! It will be okay! I always feel like. Kid on Xmas when I know he's coming home!!
Seems like all the single moms have their panties in a bunch. It's not anyone's problem but their own that they slept with a boy, and not a man. Maybe of they would be a little more choosy who they open their legs for, they wouldn't be in the situation they are!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:20 PM

FOR FUCK'S SAKE...SINCE YOU HAVE NO READING COMPREHENTION I WILL SPELL IT OUT. I AM NOT A SINGLE MOM. I AM NOT CLAIMING I AM A SINGLE MOM. I ***FEEL*** LIKE A SINGLE MOM AND HAVE A NEW EMPATHY AND NEWFOUND RESPECT FOR SINGLE MOMS. IS THERE ANY CONFUSION?? I CANNOT FATHOM HOW ME SAYING I HAVE NEWFOUND RESPECT AND ADMIRATION FOR SINGLE MOMS THAT DO THIS DAILY FOR YEARS WOULD PISS SINGLE MOMS OFF! THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS!

Quoting DaBuzz:

*smh* even after reading all of your edits. Try living on $750/month with three children for years. Yeah, tell me again how you're going to be a single mom?

DaBuzz
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:23 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Holy hell, you could NEVER make it as a single mother if you get your panties in a twist over my one comment! And where am I pissed? lol

Quoting Anonymous:

FOR FUCK'S SAKE...SINCE YOU HAVE NO READING COMPREHENTION I WILL SPELL IT OUT. I AM NOT A SINGLE MOM. I AM NOT CLAIMING I AM A SINGLE MOM. I ***FEEL*** LIKE A SINGLE MOM AND HAVE A NEW EMPATHY AND NEWFOUND RESPECT FOR SINGLE MOMS. IS THERE ANY CONFUSION?? I CANNOT FATHOM HOW ME SAYING I HAVE NEWFOUND RESPECT AND ADMIRATION FOR SINGLE MOMS THAT DO THIS DAILY FOR YEARS WOULD PISS SINGLE MOMS OFF! THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS!

Quoting DaBuzz:

owlfeather919
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes! Exactly :)

Quoting tlcory:

Good Lord, anyone with a brain could decipher what you meant, idk what some peoples thought process is to have to make everything negative!  Hang in there Mama hopefully it goes by quickly! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)