Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

we are low income

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Every cent counts. We save all our bottles and cans and take MILs also for some extra money. My neighbor usually has a couple large bag of beer bottles and soda that he throws away every week. Lately he has been giving his bags to us to take back too since he never did.

DD says a girl at school saw me taking his bag of cans and now let everyone around school know about it. Shes asking me now to stop taking them. His cans make up more than half of our total so we wouldnt be getting as much back and this is part of our extra money for unexpecteds and treats.

wwyd
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:52 PM
12 moms liked this
I'd do it anyway. I'd tell my daughter I was doing it to help the environment, that recycling is something everyone should do.
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:53 PM
This is a good idea. :)

Quoting Anonymous: I'd do it anyway. I'd tell my daughter I was doing it to help the environment, that recycling is something everyone should do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Tell ger the truth. That some times you have to do things like that to out food on the table ir buy "extras"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:54 PM
I just think even if the daughter knows they are doing it for the money and she's embarrassed by it, she doesn't have to admit to it.

Quoting LyTe684: This is a good idea. :)

Quoting Anonymous: I'd do it anyway. I'd tell my daughter I was doing it to help the environment, that recycling is something everyone should do.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:56 PM
How old is your daughter.

I like the recycling idea or maybe say that sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. No shame in that
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:56 PM
True. Kids can be cruel. :(

Quoting Anonymous: I just think even if the daughter knows they are doing it for the money and she's embarrassed by it, she doesn't have to admit to it.

Quoting LyTe684: This is a good idea. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:56 PM
She knows the truth and that we do it. Her schoolmate found out though and now shes embarassed

Quoting Anonymous: Tell ger the truth. That some times you have to do things like that to out food on the table ir buy "extras"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Quoting Supervane: How old is your daughter.

I like the recycling idea or maybe say that sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. No shame in that
summerlove3677
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Tell her the first idea. The recycling idea. Tell her to say that

Quoting Anonymous: She knows the truth and that we do it. Her schoolmate found out though and now shes embarassed

Quoting Anonymous: Tell ger the truth. That some times you have to do things like that to out food on the table ir buy "extras"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:01 PM
She knows the real reason. It was never a secret but she could say this to the school girls i think

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)