Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is going on with my baby?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

My 3 month old was diagnosed with RSV in the hospital two nights ago and he's been having a horrible time, coughing fits and congestion. But luckily his fever is gone. Then today around 4pm after he woke up he had a little green goop coming out of his eye and now more is coming out. I will be calling the doctor first thing in the morning but what the heck? Now he has pink eye? I don't let anyone near him without washing their hands, I don't understand why he keeps getting sick? Hes still dealing with RSV and now this :(

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:08 PM

might be because he is so little still and his immune system isnt completely up and running, and having the RSV on top of it is making him weaker. poor thing!! im sorry hugs!!!

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Congestion will sometimes cause eyes to ooze. It's pretty common.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:09 PM
It's likely related to the RSV. If the virus comes into contact with his eye, it can cause conjunctivitis.
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:13 PM
This. "Pink eye" can actually be a number of different types of conjunctivitis. Some viral, some bacterial, some allergens.

Quoting Anonymous: It's likely related to the RSV. If the virus comes into contact with his eye, it can cause conjunctivitis.
embrigmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Babies can get pink eye when their nose is runny because they tend to rub it all over their face and it gets in thier eyes. Hope your little guy feels better.

Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Pink eye can also be caused by viruses and allergies... Not just bacteria. So he's probably just reacting to the RSV.
xsmum
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:30 PM
My son had rsv he had stay at hospital for three nights tons of antibiotics and medications. But I also had do CPR on him. Usaually if your already sick or have infection your body can keep gettig sick because your immune system isn't working like normal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:39 PM

ds had that happen one time...... it was a bad cold, but his eyes and nose and ears where all stuffed.....He had an eye infection related to his ear infection and nose issues.  All of that is connected so its not that uncommon when something in that area is already having issues. Hope your baby feels better soon!

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:51 PM
This. Warm compress and breastmilk help eye issues

Quoting Cmgmqmmom: Congestion will sometimes cause eyes to ooze. It's pretty common.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN