Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why would you??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies

i was reading replies to another post and want to know why?? Why would you take your child out in public before they are 6weeks??? or close to. Yes there are germs everywhere but babies that little dont have the immune system to fight off those germs! did you know that if your child gets sick before they are 6weeks old and you bring them to the dr they will do a viral work up and do a spinal tap on that little baby??? this happened to my aunt! i was going to take my ds out at around five weeks and when i heard that i started balling my eyes out!!! and i hadnt even taken him out! guess we are all diff....and i think it makes a difference on what month they are born in....both mine were in the late fall when its flu season so maybe thats why i was more cautious? i dunno just me i guess

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:22 PM
I got twelve weeks off, I wasnt about to spend half of them locked in the house
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:23 PM

so going out was more important than the health of your child?

Quoting peanutsmommy1: I got twelve weeks off, I wasnt about to spend half of them locked in the house

-BluEydDvl-
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:23 PM
How do you expect babies to build up an immune system if you don't expose them to germs?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:24 PM

yes but once they have built up enough of a system to deffend some off.....?

Quoting -BluEydDvl-: How do you expect babies to build up an immune system if you don't expose them to germs?

Heisenberg
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:24 PM

I had things to do. My son didn't have immunity against bacteria for 18 months. We didn't sit in the closet the whole time.

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm old school, life went on there were things to be done and back than we were up and about a week after giving birth, there was no way in hell I had time to sit in the house for six weeks. 

Ricanmami88
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:25 PM
You can't carry your baby in a protective bubble you know.
huntersmama711
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:26 PM
If I had a winter baby I probably wouldn't go out unless necessary but my ds was a summer baby. I took him out at just past a week old. He was fine.
Serabeth06
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:26 PM

That's why I get my shots during pregnancy for the baby, and breastfed so that I could continually pass antibodies to the baby. Babies can't live in a bubble. Not everyone can go places and not have to take their children with them.

Shaynas_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:26 PM
What do you expect some mothers to do when they need to go to the store that are single? Seriously, children can't live in a bubble. Our daughter went out way before she was 6 weeks old, and she never got sick until she was over a year old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)