Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dh said that we need to cut

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies

Our food budget a little, and i already feel like we are starving. Just spend 100$ saturday evening. 

We are a family of 4 and, two adults two toddlers. I bought bread, nuts, frozen pizza, juice, chips, one pack of chocolate, a pack of meat, fruits and fish. Some veggies. I usually shop at Trader Joes

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:25 PM
What kind of things if you buy?
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:25 PM
How much do you spend and how big is your family?
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:25 PM
How many people I'm your house? I spend about 60 a week for a family of 3. We eat mainly organic.
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:26 PM

I'm sure with some planning you can make it happen :) Not only do you have to cut back on the spending money but also rethink portion sizes as well.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Are there snacks you can cut out and maybe bake instead ? Couponing(which never works for me because I never find coupons for brands I use) Shop at a different store ? Do you plan a menu ? Since I have I have cut my bill by $20/ 30 week

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Quoting kbutton24: How many people I'm your house? I spend about 60 a week for a family of 3. We eat mainly organic.

We are 2 adults and two toddlers, we usually spend around 300$ a week, i mostly cook once a day

kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Oh wow. What do you do for the other 2 meals? Do you buy a lot of processed foods?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kbutton24: How many people I'm your house? I spend about 60 a week for a family of 3. We eat mainly organic.

We are 2 adults and two toddlers, we usually spend around 300$ a week, i mostly cook once a day

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:39 PM
2 moms liked this

We're a family of 6, and spend around $200-$240 a week.  $300 a week for two adults and two little ones that barely eat anything seems excessive.

Quoting Anonymous:

liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Not knowing where you live, it sounds like way too much.  Think of a few things.  Do you find yourself throwing away a lot of left overs? (maybe making too much for a meal). When you shop, are your shelves still  half full?  Do you run out of room to put the food you have?

I ask those questions because I used to have "food anxiety".  Because of this I horded food and overspent.

Quoting Anonymous:

emandab
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:41 PM

LMAO ahahahhahahahhahahahha. Stop whining he's right.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)