Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's a brothel,mom?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:40 PM
  • 6 Replies
So my ds 9 is read Dragon wings and one of the vocabulary words is brothel. When first going over they list I skipped the word.So he ask why did you skip that word?
So I'm like Um mm how do I explain a brothel to a 9 year old.well the definition in the lesson was "a house of prostitution"..so of course he's like huh..so then I'm like it's a place men would go to pay women to date them..and he is like oh ok!...Needless to say it was Awkward!
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AllieKat
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Oh I thought you meant like a "brothel mom." Bc that sounds fun, bossing around hookers.
nelliosmom
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Oh my o.o that is too young to know about brothel...
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too. Lol. I think I would have to ask someone why that's a vocabulary word unless there's another definition I'm not aware of.

Quoting AllieKat: Oh I thought you meant like a "brothel mom." Bc that sounds fun, bossing around hookers.
Lydlou02
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Me too.

Quoting AllieKat: Oh I thought you meant like a "brothel mom." Bc that sounds fun, bossing around hookers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernwldchld
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 10:56 PM

And that's why commas are important.

OP, I can imagine it would've been awkward but honestly your explanation was fine. Gave him the information he needed to understand the context without over sharing. 

allycally
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 11:36 PM
I'm in agreement

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN