Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Diet tips anyone?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:59 AM
  • 54 Replies
For the last week I have cut out sweet tea and use Splenda instead. No Pop except the occasional diet dr pepper or diet mt dew.
Save the you have to exercise, I know that. But I need to lose a little before I'm physically able to exercise.

Eta: I have cut out sweets also.
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Stop eating...Guaranteed results

jk...im actually interested in answers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:02 AM
Eat less move more. Aside from weight loss surgery, it's the only way. And even then, that's how it really works. If you can walk you can exercise. Just walk. Good luck!
pistolpink
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:09 AM
I have been eating salads grilled chicken and steamed.

Quoting brandie1470:

pistolpink
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:11 AM
Thanks. I walk a lot for.my job. I set my pedometer for 6500 steps and.by the end of my shift I always hit my goal. I guess continuous walking would be better.

Quoting Anonymous: Eat less move more. Aside from weight loss surgery, it's the only way. And even then, that's how it really works. If you can walk you can exercise. Just walk. Good luck!
pistolpink
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:12 AM
Also I only eat like one meal a day, I guess that's not good.

Quoting pistolpink: I have been eating salads grilled chicken and steamed.

Quoting brandie1470:

rock.starPWR
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:12 AM
Drink at least half your weight in ounces of water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:13 AM
Drink a lot of water. Like half of your body weight in ounces in water. It speeds up your metabolism. Eat six small meals a day.
illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:17 AM

Have you tried myfitnesspal.com for calorie counting? It's free, and has a lot of helpful guides.

I've managed to lose about 20 lbs just by keeping track of what I eat (for some reason, when you log every morsel that passes your lips, you start making better choices, and going for quality over quantity.)

uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:18 AM
This isn't the healthiest but it works. I lost 50 pounds in 2 months by ONLY eating apples and peanut butter. Peanut butter gave me protein and apples were like a whole body cleanse. I ate when I was hungry and I ate till I was full.
I didn't limit the amount I ate.
good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:19 AM
3 moms liked this

Best diet tip: DON'T drink diet soda! On average people who drink diet soda consume 280 more calories a day than people who drink non diet soda. When you drink it, your pancreas gets all exited about the sugar and produces insulin to deal with the sugar, when the insulin finds no sugar to break down it ups your hunger level so that you will ingest something it can work on. Artificial sweeteners should be completely avoided when dieting actually.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)