Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You are NOT a mother!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

This was said in another post to a woman who had lost her children. I've seen it said to mother's who have adopted children, to women who have had only miscarriages. So, what makes a mother?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rock.starPWR
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:27 AM
3 moms liked this
I saw that, and commented on it. It's horrible! That woman is a mother, she has just had to bury her children. There are people who have said I'm not a mother, because I haven't given birth to a child. A mother is a woman who loves, cares for, and raises a child, or a woman who has had to bury her children, or a woman who has had only miscarriages. I'm a mother to my son, regardless of who gave birth to him. Some women be cray cray!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:28 AM
The literal definition and the emotional connection don't necessarily have to be the same IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:29 AM

I would define it as someone who takes care of a child who is a woman regardless if the child came out of your vag or not.

lunarturn
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:32 AM

How can someone say such a horrible thing in both cases? That is just heartless and needs to be reported to the site admin. I am sorry, I am all for freedom of speech, but not at all cost. There is something called respect to another person. Words can hurt so much, even if printed out from a stranger.

Instead of insulting, people should try to speak less and think about every word they say or type out.

Seriously disturbed.... 

ThatsHeart19
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:35 AM
1 mom liked this
She messed up big time but I still think it was taken way far and now all her personal info and stuff is out there. I feel sorry for her but it could have been handle or not have happened at all. Honestly I wonder if the anon was her since they had her fb? Even though the op was anon?
KatLee42513
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:38 AM
I've miscarried 3 times. No kids yet. TTC. People can say what they want
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:39 AM
These women are in-fucking-sane.

I don't care if its mc or not, you don't act that way on a post about a dead baby.
Ugh. It literally makes me sick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:40 AM

If you have no children, you are not a mother. If you have children, you are a mother----adopted children of course, count. They are kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:40 AM

No idea what this post was.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:41 AM
So when I buried my daughter when she was 3 months old and murdered I wasn't and still am not a mother.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you have no children, you are not a mother. If you have children, you are a mother----adopted children of course, count. They are kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)