Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Caillou is officially banned from this house!

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Did Clementine need to apologize?

Options:

Yes, she was rude as well.

No, Caillou was much worse.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 439

View Results

The very last episode we saw before he became off-limits featured Caillou bossing around a poor girl during a playdate. Clementine didn't want to play what Caillou wanted to play, so he exploded and started screaming and throwing a temper tantrum. Then Clementine had to say sorry to Caillou for no reason, and Caillou got off scot-free.

I caved yesterday and let DD watch one last episode, but that was it.

by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:19 AM
5 moms liked this
We watched caillou when my boys were little. My boys didn't grow up to be whiny brats lol. At least it's better than teletubbies,oobi, or the other kids cartoons you can't even understand the nonsense they speak.
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:19 AM
6 moms liked this
Quoting MMIC: Clementine was being a bossy bitch! She's the guest, she doesn't get to call the shots...

Well, in our home, receiving guests is a big deal, so they get to call the shots.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:19 AM
He's learning when he acts out.

He's only supposed to be 3 or maybe 4. Seems like a normal kid to me.

Quoting A-nony-mous:

Never watched that show. I always wanted to punch him. He's such an unyeilding little shit and no, it's not "normal child behavior" to act like that 24/7. 

katemckenzie
by Kate on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:20 AM
3 moms liked this
YESSS!!!! Now go sign my petition to get it taken off PBS!
MMIC
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
To each their own. For me it's about respecting others homes and personal belongings.

Quoting momto2boys973:
Quoting MMIC: Clementine was being a bossy bitch! She's the guest, she doesn't get to call the shots...

Well, in our home, receiving guests is a big deal, so they get to call the shots.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM

You may need a hobby or part time job.. That is silly.

Are you looking for racism/ sexism in a kids cartoons??

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I didn't vote. Mom asked them both to say sorry and she just happened to be the first one. Mom told him he had to. It's not about who should say it first. It's about the fact Mom asked them both to and he could have been the first one if he wanted to. But he didn't which is normal for a child.

katemckenzie
by Kate on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM
http://www.change.org/petitions/pbs-remove-caillou-from-the-air?share_id=AArShRcnWH&utm_campaign=share_button_action_box&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

Feel free to post it in your OP. :)
.lovemybebes.
by :) on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:22 AM
3 moms liked this
That whiny voice makes him banned in this house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Haven't seen that episode and I'm not going to lol!  I hate that show so bad!  My husband banned it when my daughter was 2 bc she started whining like he does (I agreed promptly lol). He whines all the freaking time and yes, he gets away with everything.  That show teaches kids to be spoiled whiney brats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)