Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Caillou is officially banned from this house!

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Did Clementine need to apologize?

Options:

Yes, she was rude as well.

No, Caillou was much worse.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 439

View Results

The very last episode we saw before he became off-limits featured Caillou bossing around a poor girl during a playdate. Clementine didn't want to play what Caillou wanted to play, so he exploded and started screaming and throwing a temper tantrum. Then Clementine had to say sorry to Caillou for no reason, and Caillou got off scot-free.

I caved yesterday and let DD watch one last episode, but that was it.

by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Replies (41-50):
PrincessAsmommy
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Caillou makes my skin crawl with all his whining!  But my kids loved him and did learn some lessons about getting along with others and just enjoyed the show so I put up with it/ignored it.

As for the episode in question ... they were both being brats! Caillou shouldn't have had the meltdown and Clementine should've had the manners to not be rude about not wanting to play what he did. I'm thinking both kids needed to learn some lessons about playdate etiquette.

Freela
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I can't stand that show.  When my son was a toddler, it made him about 95% whinier every time he watched it.  Total ban on that show for the sake of my own sanity!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
My kid learns proper behavior from me, not a tv show. That said caillou is banned in my house because I can't stand all the whining that he does. His voice grates on my nerves.
ilovemykids732
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:23 AM

I don't think Clemintine should have apologized at all... I HATE that show... it isn't allowed in our home either!! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
What episode did you watch? They both apologized. I'm not the biggest Caillou fan, he drives me up a wall, but these are reasonable childhood situations that they show how to calmly handle. On playdates kids sometimes don't want to share special toys or play the same game and arguing ensues, the best thing they can do is calm down and say sorry then move forward.

Maybe you need to get a grip
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Is Caillou on 24 hrs a day? You don't know what he does when they're not filming. He is acting by the way, in case you weren't aware. Whispers...he is not real.

Oh, and for someone who has never watched that show, it's sad that you'd want to punch a cartoon, that you've never seen.

Quoting A-nony-mous:

Never watched that show. I always wanted to punch him. He's such an unyeilding little shit and no, it's not "normal child behavior" to act like that 24/7. 

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Quoting MMIC: To each their own. For me it's about respecting others homes and personal belongings.

Quoting momto2boys973:
Quoting MMIC: Clementine was being a bossy bitch! She's the guest, she doesn't get to call the shots...

Well, in our home, receiving guests is a big deal, so they get to call the shots.

I have no control over the manners and education of others. That's THEIR responsibility, not mine. My duty is to be a gracious and welcoming host, which I do to the best of my ability and teach my children to do as well. If my guests are impolite, that's really not an excuse for me to be anything else than a gracious host.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Caillou is a little shit, I haven't watched that show in years. In fact, any show that has all of the kids apologizing for one kids shitty behavior or any show that insinuates that the children need to be nice to a bully no matter what because they're probably just having a bad day or have a bad home life gets shut off. Reality is that sometimes other people are assholes for no reason and sometimes only one person needs to say sorry. 

TotallyTweedles
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I've said it once and I'll say it again
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this
Or the mom should have been nearby watching them instead of downstairs in the kitchen

Quoting PrincessAsmommy:

Caillou makes my skin crawl with all his whining!  But my kids loved him and did learn some lessons about getting along with others and just enjoyed the show so I put up with it/ignored it.

As for the episode in question ... they were both being brats! Caillou shouldn't have had the meltdown and Clementine should've had the manners to not be rude about not wanting to play what he did. I'm thinking both kids needed to learn some lessons about playdate etiquette.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN