Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Aren't my coworkers out of line?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I work part time for a company.    There are 6 part-time workers.  The boss assigned an added responsibility to the 6 of us and I told him I'm not doing it.  I want to be full time, instead of just having more work dumped on me  and being told to go above and beyond!  They don't pay me enough!

Anyhow, the other 5 part time workers made up a schedule for this duty and put me on it-after I flat out told them I'm not doing it!  I emailed them that they're not my supervisors and have no right to tell me what to do!  I work hard.  They emailed me how hard they work and that we were all assigned this duty!  Then they went to HR!  HR is on there side but I'm not doing it!  I'm not being taken advantage of!

What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

"Its not fair!" Says the five year old who has to clean her room... lol... Are you an adult? Dont you know everyone starts at the bottom and it can take years to climbthe latter? You cant just walk into and say, "I want this or that and if I dont get it I wont do my job"... They will fire you... They only will promote people that work hard and do the job right. Your not going to get fair in any job with this attitude.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not fair and WTF?  Where do my co-worker s get off?

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:21 PM

You do your work, just like they have to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:22 PM

You sound like a lazy pos.   it's not like you're the only one having to do the added job.  Do you know how many people are getting added responsibilities these days?  If you want to be promoted you have to show the company you care about them, which obviously you don't.  Good luck looking for your next job.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Your momma should have taught that life is not fair.  

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not fair and WTF?  Where do my co-worker s get off?

)0(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I think instead of being full time you will be unemployed soon.

JayTee80
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I think that you are not being a team player and your coworkers did the right thing.  You can't just refuse to do certain tasks because you don't feel they are "fair" and expect to keep your job.  They gave you a chance to change your mind and agree to share the responsibility, and you refused.  What else were they supposed to do?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Sounds like you need a new job.  

Qmama206
by Nobi ❤️ on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:23 PM
I think you might be out of a job soon.
rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:24 PM

In this job market you can either do what they ask or go find a different job. My husband does the work of what used to be 3 full time staff members jobs. He does them all in 40 hours. Did I mention he does this for 2/3 pay of the highest position for all 3?  Suck it up. Lifes not fair and more and more companies are going to ask you to do stuff beyond your job description and if you don't want to do it they will find someone who will. 

Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:25 PM
I think you're about to be fired so you should start looking for another job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN