Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We saw Grayson again (kinda)

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:28 PM
  • 34 Replies
He's a very stubborn little boy like his mama lol. He wouldn't show his face, at first he was curled in a ball and I'm assuming napping since our appt was at 8 and he likes to wake me up at 6am every morning now with kicks to the bladder lol. We saw his legs and it was funny since one is somewhat clubbed he looked like he was laying on his belly with his feet up behind him crossed. He's very behind on growth still (a month on his legs and arms and 3 weeks his belly and only a week on his head) and the dr I don't like came in to tell me that he might pass by the next ultrasound. She says this every single time I go like I don't think about it every single day. She said there's something wrong with a kidney but didn't say what and I was rushing to my nicu appt. she also mentioned he might go into distress at 32 weeks or even sooner since he's so small and if he needs to be delivered he won't be able to get his surgery. We have our next echogram Thursday so I'm hoping he has some better news for us!!
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Bump
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Bump :)
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:15 PM
My youngest was shy during ultrasounds, too.

I don't like the Dr. and I don't know her! She needs to retake a class or two on bedside manner.
Anouck
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:18 PM

I don't know the situation, but here's me rooting for you, and Grayson :)

AustinsMommy007
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:23 PM
This! ((Hugs))

Quoting Anouck:

kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Aww lol that's cute. He usually hides his face in the placenta. 2 weeks ago I went, same diagnosis, same everything but I left happy. Every time I see this dr I leave crying. It sucks bc at this unit you don't have assigned drs you just see who's available or id deff switch. But yes, she definitely does

Quoting MichLW69: My youngest was shy during ultrasounds, too.

I don't like the Dr. and I don't know her! She needs to retake a class or two on bedside manner.
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Anouck:

kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Thank you :)

Quoting AustinsMommy007: This! ((Hugs))

Quoting Anouck:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:36 PM

'm not all that familiar with Trisomy 18, so I don't really know what to say.  I hope everything goes ok.

kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Thank you. Not a lot of people do, it's not very common and most babies are terminated because it's a very bleak diagnosis and the ones that do continue the pregnancy the babies only have a 50% chance of surviving to birth

Quoting Anonymous:

'm not all that familiar with Trisomy 18, so I don't really know what to say.  I hope everything goes ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)