Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update: I am 3 months pregnant and just tested HIV positive

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 221 Replies

I just got told by my OBGYN 4 hours ago and havent told anyone. My husband will be home in a hou.. I am 26 and have been with my husband for 10 years. I have never had sex with anyone but him. I have two other kids and was not HIV positive during the previous two pregnancy. I havent had transfusions, I am not a drug addict and I dont use needles. So my options are I somehow was exposed out in the world or my husband has contracted it and exposed me and our unborn baby. I am trying not  to jump to conclusions but I fear this means he has been unfaithful and hasnt been safe about it. I am so scared for me and my unborn baby. I am also scared for my two other children.I am so sick to my stomach right now. I have to think do I even want to bring this LO into the world. I have NEVER ever thought that way before. I am going to die so why leave 3 instead of just two and one that may have HIV as well. 

Update: the doctor told me that he wanted to retest me. When my husband got home home I told him what was going on. He really looked confused. He was with one other girl before me when he was 15. He swore up and down he had never been with anyone else and that he wasnt using drugs. So we did not sleep last night contemplating our future and our childrens future. At 6am before my doctors office even opened my doctors nurse called and asked if I can come in first thing when they open at 8am. I said okay thinking they just wanted to restest. He sit me down and him and his nurse were there and she is never there. He grabbed my hand and said, first I want to apologize but yesterday we realized that my nurse had filed the wrong test results under the wrong chart. The doctor said it was his fault as well because he became so accustomed to his nurse not making this kind of mistake that he did not even look at the name. It was only this morning when the nurse was going over my chart to reschedule me for a restest that she caught it. He apologized 5 times. I dont even think I cared. I think I was just so relieved that I am not HIV positive and that my Baby is doing fine that I will be on cloud 11 for a few months. Unfortunatly this does mean someone else who is pregnant is HIV positive, which is sad. I just cant believe a random mistake like that happened to me.  Thanks or everyone and their support.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:01 PM
drowningmama
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:01 PM
Retest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chickensmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Have them retest you. Perhaps the lab made a mistake.
SKM1119
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:02 PM
6 moms liked this

You realize you can lead a fulfilling life with HIV right?  I'm not one to jump to conclusions but I would bet your husband gave it to you.  That's tough.

norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:03 PM
I'm so sorry! HIV isn't a death sentence. My cousin has it and is living a happy healthy life. I don't know what to say. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Bless you
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Get tested again maybe there was a mix up
HippoCat
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I am so so sorry. That is terribly scary. My heart goes out to you.

Vmiller2008
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Retest. Any tattoos recently?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:04 PM

((HUGS)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured