Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dude.. i spent the last 3 hours scouring ebay for...ETA... ETA #2

Posted by   + Show Post

fucking cotton footless pjs for my dd.. she's growing out of her fucking 3t's, the footed kind.. mind you, she wont be 3 until oh Easter.. yeah. but she needs a one piece still, she wont sleep in anything else. she likes her toes exposed, but it's just been too fucking cold.. like right now it's 12.

tonight it will get down to 6, tomorrow's high is 9 and the low is -12. so yeah duder is  preparing for a cool spring, 

everything is fucking fleece, and footed, like i said 3 hours, i purchased one pair, i am sniping 2 others on auction that end tomorrow... i remember wearing what i am looking for as a kid all the time..

gap and old navy don't just sell these anymore, and i have spent my night looking for some that won't cost be $20 bucks a pair... i need to start sewing again, because this is just ridiculous... is it so much to ask for fucking 100% cotton jams?

what's your hard to find kiddo item?

ETA

i got 4 pair at Children's Place last night... and am checking Kohls today... didn't think this would get featured, or like any of my posts for that matter...

but a bunch of awesome ladies reminded me to check CP. gonna check Kohls amd Walmart today!!

please continiute to comiserate with me, about the clothing industry's evil plan to drive all mothers insane!!!!!!

ETA #2

ok so i found the Disney Cinderella ones at Marshalls,

i didn't bother with kohls cause of the location, but i did get a few more from the childrens place store for an unbelievable steal. so i went from one pair to like 8 in 16 hours. lol. 

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:32 AM
Replies (41-50):
elijahsmommy924
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this

digger the crab beanie baby and it had to be orange :/ my lil man wont sleep without it

TheFairest
by Zombie on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:10 AM
2 moms liked this
I just remembered, that one of the twins hates his feet covered too (unless it's shoes) and I once cut off the footsie part of the footsie pj's right after the elastic part. Doesn't look bad either, it kinda looks like a ruffle.

Quoting the_dude:

:( 

i know how the little dude feels.. .man.. 

Quoting TheFairest: I have to get ds7 pants with a stretchy waste. Because of his abdominal surgery he doesn't like pressure on his tummy.

Tatertot912
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you looked at Carter's?
BibliophileMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I was having a hard time with this also. All one piece sleepers are footed and heavy fleece which for us is way too hot to sleep in but regular PJs is just oh hell no, tantrums. Plus my 2 year old will get out of anything else and take her diaper off.
Fortunately, we have these friends who have 1 child and are loaded so they buy all these expensive clothes and their DD has eczema so it has to be cotton and soft and won't make her sweat so they chucked out the big cash and then 2 wears later (I swear it's crazy) they just pass it down to us.
Chandra314
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:13 AM
2 moms liked this
That's what I do with my twins (re: previous page :)

Kids are so weird.

Quoting TheFairest: I just remembered, that one of the twins hates his feet covered too (unless it's shoes) and I once cut off the footsie part of the footsie pj's right after the elastic part. Doesn't look bad either, it kinda looks like a ruffle.

Quoting the_dude:

:( 

i know how the little dude feels.. .man.. 

Quoting TheFairest: I have to get ds7 pants with a stretchy waste. Because of his abdominal surgery he doesn't like pressure on his tummy.

the_dude
by abides on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:13 AM

they all are fleece, she runs warm in her sleep, i hate wrapping her in polyester... or they all  have feets.. im gonna cut the feets off my carters 3t's as soon as i get my as to town for new fabric fiskers. 

Quoting Tatertot912: Have you looked at Carter's?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this
This is my 17 month old! Needs a 9-12month waist and 24 month length. He's so freaking skinny but eats all the time.

Quoting USMCWifey2011: Oh yes!! DS is two.. A 12 month waist and 24 month length -__-

Quoting ermka: Not as hard to find anymore, but I used to have a hell of a time finding slim cut jeans for ds. The assumption that all skinny kids are short irritates me to no end.
funny_girl3
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:14 AM

I'm sorry for your loss  : (

Quoting the_dude:

man i went to cut the ringer neck off of one of dh's old  big tshirts, cause i lost my paint smock, and the fuck handles just like.... fell apart... it was one of those bah! wtf *tosses into to trash what the fuck* moments. 

Quoting funny_girl3:

Not the fabric scissors!?  What the heck were you doing with them?  I only have one pair of sewing scissors as well and I wanted to scream at my husband when I caught him using them to cut the hair out of the roller on the vacuum.  Any other time I would be thrilled that he was servicing the vacuum, but don't touch my scissors!  And I live in PA so I know all about the cold.  We had a brief warm spell that melted all the snow and now it's freaking cold again.  But seeing the yellowish-greenish-gray grass again is a nice change of scenery.

Quoting the_dude:

yeah i was thinking of doing just that.. but.. i busted my scissors. i must have a pair of fiskers just for fabric... NO ONE IS TO TOUCH MY FABRIC FISKERS i just need new fabric scissors, going to town tomorrow, even though... it's fucking witch tit cold.. FUCK i need spring NOW. 

Quoting funny_girl3:

Can you cut the feet off?  My mom did that.

Tatertot912
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:17 AM
They had spring stuff out in the store the other day, I couldn't remember seeing those but we had some in the fall that weren't fleece.

Quoting the_dude:

they all are fleece, she runs warm in her sleep, i hate wrapping her in polyester... or they all  have feets.. im gonna cut the feets off my carters 3t's as soon as i get my as to town for new fabric fiskers. 

the_dude
by abides on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:20 AM

our closet retail store is like 75 miles away :(

. it may be worth the trip if it thaws in the next week or so ... 

Quoting Tatertot912: They had spring stuff out in the store the other day, I couldn't remember seeing those but we had some in the fall that weren't fleece.
Quoting the_dude:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)