Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What kind of wedding did you have?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:34 AM
  • 80 Replies

I ran into a local notary chapel 15min before they closed no rings no flowers no one knew not even me, he said we are getting married i thought it was a joke he never wanted to get married, here i am 16 years later.. I sometimes think i made it to easy for him... And you??

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:36 AM
We had a small ceremony at a church on base. Planned it in less than a week and didn't find a preacher until 2 nights before lol
AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:39 AM

We had a medium size garden wedding at Officers Row Fort Vancouver Grant House

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:40 AM

I had a large wedding, my parents planned and paid for it.  It was wonderful, that was 21 years ago.

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:42 AM
We had his sister and her boyfriend as witnesses. We were married in a Hindu ceremony in India. I converted that morning so we could get married. We wore garlands around our necks, sprinkled rice and vermillion (I think) on a fire, walked around the fire 3 times, we had vermillion and rice applied to our foreheads and gave money as an offering. It was like 10 minutes long. We spent the next 10 hours standing outside bribing people to register our marriage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:45 AM
We eloped, I've never regretted it for a second. We did a quickie ceremony just for us then spent our "wedding money" on an amazing honeymoon instead.
3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:49 AM

Yacht and courthouse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this
A beautiful wedding with 102 guest, I had on an eggshell gown with lace & rhinestones,my veil was gorgeous. My bridemaids,and flower girls were adorned in creme & gold,the decorations,china,cake was also cream & gold. I must say, I was a beautiful bride and my wedding was beautiful too! I took my time,and planned my wedding myself,my seatress made my gown,bridemaids gowns,and flowergirls gowns
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:50 AM
4 moms liked this

handy0318
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:53 AM
3 moms liked this

Our wedding was a fairly traditional church wedding. I would have been OK with just going to Tahoe, but dh wanted a wedding, and I'm glad we had one. It was nice...nothing spectacular, but nice.

I'll share that two years ago a young couple married on a ridge of our ranch that overlooks the valley below. Since she is Tlingit (Alaskan Native Tribe) they mixed elements of their Christian faith with her native heritage and it truly was one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever been too. They took their vows while wrapped in a traditional blanket and we also did a dance. It really was a wonderful wedding.

white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:59 AM

court house

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)