Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

teen daughter causing discord in the home. Help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am desperate for advice regarding my step-daughter, and my husband (her father) said it was fine if I reached out here (seeing as how she is not my biological daughter I didn't want to go spreading everything online without his consent). We each have two children from our previous marriages. My two are my 16 year old son August and my 14 year old son Luca, their father died when August was 6 and Luca was 4 (it's been 10 years this month) and I met my husband a year later. We married 7 years ago and I gained two wonderful step-daughters. We recently had our first child in November 2013 after trying to several years.

Aimee is 16 (oddly enough she shares a birthday with August) and she is the one that we are having the most trouble with. Her parents divorced when she was 3 and up until last June they shared custody of Aimee and her sister Natalie. Since December things have been very tense around here and we thought at first maybe it was just all of us trying to adjust to a new baby in the house. Then Aimee's grades began slipping. Drew (my dh) sat her down and had a long chat with her asking if everything was okay and she assured us it was fine. January rolled around and things only became worse, she would lie to us about all sorts of things and when we would catch her she would lie some more. So we took away ALL of her electronics and took away all her free time. If she wasn't at school she was at home and she straightened up---or so we thought.

A week ago I was here at the house when I recieved a phone call from the school Aimee attends (both girls attenda private Christian school in our area) and the lady was asking if we needed any help that she would start us a meal service soon and to not worry about anything. I was very confused. Apparently, Aimee told one of her teachers that my son died!! She had a paper due in that class and didn't do it so she made up this eleborate lie to get sympathy. I called my husband who marched down there and yanked her butt out of school and called a therapist and she was seen Friday morning. WHAT THE HELL is gong on! Drew is at a LOSS and she wont speak to us she just locks her door and sits in the silence. So Drew took her door off. Now she is resorting to being just destructive and unkind. I love her. I am not her mother but I love her dearly and I am just done.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Bump
destiny3513
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Hmmm, sounds deep. Lots of therapy and positive thoughts. Sorry.
destiny3513
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Maybe public school too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:35 AM
My husband doesn't want her in public school.

Quoting destiny3513: Maybe public school too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
We have her in therapy and we have an appointment with a mental health professional as well.

Quoting destiny3513: Hmmm, sounds deep. Lots of therapy and positive thoughts. Sorry.
destiny3513
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:43 AM
I can understand that but I've worked in both and there's only a couple differences.... Uniforms and they pray... Honestly, she probably feels like an outcast there.

Quoting Anonymous: My husband doesn't want her in public school.

Quoting destiny3513: Maybe public school too.
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:45 AM
Give her the door back. That's her safe zone. Maybe just change the door knob to a non locking closet knob?

Therapy and time I think it's all you can do
Ms.D-_-
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:51 AM
She needs therapy. Thats not normal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)