Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Extreme Couponing is Ridiculous!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am watching the show right now.  This chic needed to pay a medical bill, so she needed to save 300 and some odd dollars.  She went to the store and bought 100+ packages of ramen type meals, 150 sports drinks, relish and toilet paper.  

How is that going to feed your family for a month so you can pay that bill?  lol

I really think its wasteful to buy like that.  I know these people do not use all of that food.  I coupon, I usually save between 100-150 on our monthly shopping trip.  But I never use a coupon for something I wouldn't normally buy and I dont' buy more then four of the same item.  

These people are like gambling addicts.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:19 AM

I've been saying this for years. Wtf do you need 50 bottles of mustard for? 200 containers of yoplait yogurt that's going to expire? Hundreds of rolls of paper towels? It's crazy to me but these people are so proud of these purchases. It's over my head I guess. I just don't get it.

shrugging

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:19 AM
I agree
crescentstar2
by Anne on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:20 AM
4 moms liked this

I like the ones that donate what they buy

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:23 AM
I agree. And when they say their stock pile retails for like $10,000 but they only spent $1,000.

Ok so you spent $1,000 for tons of crap you don't need?

I understand gathering a stock pile of things like tp, or laundry soap... stuff you use a lot but the rest no
Ms.D-_-
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Some of them are so crazy. Now if i was to stock pile anything it would have to be stuff like toiletrees, laundry soap and paper products. Stuff that doesnt expire. Anything else is just crazy unless you have a huge huge family of plan on giving/ donating a good portion of items to the needy
TheSilence
by Tá mé an mó on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:24 AM
A lot of people who get a bunch of free stuff end up donating it, which is awesome!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

i coupon but i don't extreme coupon. i really think the ppl on that show have an addiction. especially the ones dumpster diving to get more coupons. 

Ms.D-_-
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Eta my own sister has started to "crazy coupon/extreme" and 80 of the shit she gets is either going to expire before used or its flat out junk
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Yeah it's crazy. I think they have a problem. Unless they are donating stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Some of it just seems crazy. I know there are some that donate a lot of the stuff they buy and that's pretty cool. I do have a stockpile but I can't even imagine having as much as some of them have. . .but oh well. It's their life.  I'd personally like a little bit more room for a wee bit bigger stockpile but that's just me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN