Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

CPS took her because of head trauma

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Sorry guys, I kind of rushed while writing this, I edited it, hopefully it makes more sense.

My ex boyfriend (the father of my child) just called me to tell me that he was just informed that his daughter by another woman was taken away. He got a phone call this morning informing him about the situation and asking him to make it to court, but he didn't go because he was "too tired". There was a note left on his door when he woke up saying they are taking the child into their custody.

A little about him, he is an abusive person, and only gets supervised visits with my daughter because of what she's said. He hasn't seen this other child in over a year. The mother was at one point addicted to drugs, but it was believed that she was clean when she got pregnant she has a new boyfriend. The baby is a year and a half old.

My first thought is poor child! I'm a single mother, but as she is my daughter's half sister, is there anything that I can do?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:58 PM

BUMP!

First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:02 PM

bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:03 PM
Huh?
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Legally no because you have no rights to the child. It's a sad situation.
Bennett121
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
You really need to proof read this. I have no clue what you are talking about.
MotherOF5Cuties
by Abby on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:08 PM
I doubt it but you can contact them and find out
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:11 PM

you might be able to do something if both th e mother and the father say something in regards to you taking custody......

otherwise i dont see anyway it would happen, custody either will go to the closest relative that can pass the background and home inspection, or foster care.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:16 PM

They left a note on his door saying they are taking her from his custody. He is an abusive person, and only gets supervised visits with my daughter, however he hasn't seen this child in over a year.

This part makes no sense to me. How can they take custody from him is he doesn't have any and hasn't even seen the kid? Do you mean they are revoking his visitations?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:16 PM

There is no relative willing to take custody as far as I know. She has never allowed his family to meet the child. It's just upsetting that my daughter is never going to be able to see her half sister.

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

you might be able to do something if both th e mother and the father say something in regards to you taking custody......

otherwise i dont see anyway it would happen, custody either will go to the closest relative that can pass the background and home inspection, or foster care.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:18 PM

He signed the birth certificate but they broke up and he never fought for visits. They never went to court reguarding custody or visits 

Quoting Anonymous:

They left a note on his door saying they are taking her from his custody. He is an abusive person, and only gets supervised visits with my daughter, however he hasn't seen this child in over a year.

This part makes no sense to me. How can they take custody from him is he doesn't have any and hasn't even seen the kid? Do you mean they are revoking his visitations?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)