Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Deadly Women

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:01 PM
  • 36 Replies

I have been watching this show on Netflix called Deadly Women.  Has anyone else watched it?  It is a good show if you like true crime drama.  There are some stories that may be a little more disturbing that others (obviously) but over all it is a pretty good show.  Some of these women shock me so badly.  There are a lot of stories about women that kill their own children for money, men, and other things.  One of the cases on here actually happened very close to where I live. It was the Susan Smith case, and I remember it.  I just don't understand how some of these women can do this.  There are even some cases of daughters killing their own parents just to be with a boy.  Really?  It is a good show if you are interested in crime drama though. 

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thelonebuffalo
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Love that show. Dh walks in, see me watching it and will go "looks like I'm cooking my own food for awhile"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:10 PM
I read a magazine article about a 14yo called Kayleigh something. Her mother was in prison and before she was put away Kayleigh was allowed to run wild. She went to live with her disabled father who obviously loved her enough to srt boundaries in her life. But she and her adult gang member boyfriend stabbed him so they could be together. She even lied to the police and called them sobbing saying there'd been a break in. It was in Guthrie, Oklahoma. Anyone else remember this?
TygrrEyz
by Marie on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:14 PM
I don't remember this. Do you remember the Susan Smith case in South Carolina. I think it was in 1995

Quoting EntrepeneurMom: I read a magazine article about a 14yo called Kayleigh something. Her mother was in prison and before she was put away Kayleigh was allowed to run wild. She went to live with her disabled father who obviously loved her enough to srt boundaries in her life. But she and her adult gang member boyfriend stabbed him so they could be together. She even lied to the police and called them sobbing saying there'd been a break in. It was in Guthrie, Oklahoma. Anyone else remember this?
LostBecca
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:20 PM
I watch it all the time and am very interested in the true crime stff-i like snapped as well. My dh walks in and says oh your watching that show to learn how to kill me and not get caught. Its fine if that's what you like to watch but my mom watches killer kids on lifetime and always tells me about the stories and how she is leary of my ss because he is so fascinated with knives and guns and he is 9 so may not be such a good thing for some to watch-like my mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I love the ID channel!
TygrrEyz
by Marie on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:48 PM
This show is definitely not for everyone. The only ones that really bother me are mother killing their children and daughters killing their parents.

Quoting LostBecca: I watch it all the time and am very interested in the true crime stff-i like snapped as well. My dh walks in and says oh your watching that show to learn how to kill me and not get caught. Its fine if that's what you like to watch but my mom watches killer kids on lifetime and always tells me about the stories and how she is leary of my ss because he is so fascinated with knives and guns and he is 9 so may not be such a good thing for some to watch-like my mother.
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:47 AM
I was 4 in 1995 so no :)

Quoting TygrrEyz: I don't remember this. Do you remember the Susan Smith case in South Carolina. I think it was in 1995

Quoting EntrepeneurMom: I read a magazine article about a 14yo called Kayleigh something. Her mother was in prison and before she was put away Kayleigh was allowed to run wild. She went to live with her disabled father who obviously loved her enough to srt boundaries in her life. But she and her adult gang member boyfriend stabbed him so they could be together. She even lied to the police and called them sobbing saying there'd been a break in. It was in Guthrie, Oklahoma. Anyone else remember this?
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:48 AM
I love id shows.
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:50 AM

I wish I could watch that stuff here. :/ 

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:24 AM
One of my favorite shows to watch!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)