Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My mom said I'm lazy because I'm a sahm

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
My niece got her first job recently, that was the topic at a family get together. Everyone was proud of her then somehow the talk shifted towards us, my moms kids, and how we're all hard workers. Well my mom singled me out saying that yes, all her kids are hard workers except me. I'm the lazy one because I don't work. I'm a sahm. Mind you, of my three 3 sisters, I'm the only who is raising my kids WITHOUT any of her help. My mom was quick to offer them babysitting, even had 3 of my nieces living with her for some time so my sisters could work. By the time I had my kids, my mom was tired of watching kids. Completely understandable but I find it very crappy of her to describe me as the lazy one. I brushed it off but deep inside, I kind of resent her for it. Especially since she, at one point was a sahm herself.

Would you have felt hurt as well? I hope not being overly sensitive.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:24 PM
I'd have popped off something smart mouthed and then left.
Kat31
by AlwaysWatching on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Of course you're not being over - sensitive. Does she talk negatively about others as well? Is she just a negative person?
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Considering she was a sahm herself, she was probably just teasing. I think you are being over sensitive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:27 PM
No and that's why it caught me off guard. She's even complimented me before on my parenting style, how I'm so hands on and whatnot.

Quoting Kat31: Of course you're not being over - sensitive. Does she talk negatively about others as well? Is she just a negative person?
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:27 PM
I would be pissed
TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Oh honey.....I know it hurts, but ignore her.  Your mother is a moron.  ((Hugs))

BibliophileMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Yes I'd be pissed. This whole topic gets me in heads will roll mood though so I'm refraining. My SIL works and I don't. At first everyone thought it was SO GREAT that she was "finally doing something"...but that was until she started throwing her kids at whoever would take them, mostly my MIL and FIL, because she refuses to get permanent child care. And that was before she started bringing home fast food every night and her house is now disgusting. I'm not saying all working moms are like her but I can tell you one thing (and the family now agrees): She's way more lazy as a WM than I am as a SAHM any day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:28 PM
She wasn't teasing, I could definitely tell when she's teasing and when she's serious.

Quoting AlwaysKISA: Conquering she was a sahm herself, she was probably just teasing. I think you are being over sensitive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:29 PM

This

Quoting TableforSeven:

Oh honey.....I know it hurts, but ignore her.  Your mother is a moron.  ((Hugs))

wintermoon111
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
you should have said "i was just following in your foot steps mom" lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN