Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Worst news I heard in my life....

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:28 PM
  • 271 Replies
2 moms liked this

I was at work earlier today and my daughter-in-law called my cell phone number and I didn't answer the first time because I was working and she didn't leave me a message and she called Walmart phone number where I work and some associate called me on the intercom saying "Amber the store manger here's a phone call for you it's an emergency" and I answer and it was my daughter-in-law calling me again. She was on the phone crying and oh my god...I just can't believe it. My oldest child who is 26 years old passed away at the hospital a few hours ago and earlier this morning she called the ambulance on him because he wasn't responding. I just can't fucking believe it, what was going on with him...my oldest child he alway been healthy and taken good care of hisself. I can't believe I lost one of my children which is my oldest child, it's just sad that my granddaughter will grow up without a father, my daughter-in-law just gave birth 2 months ago to her and my son's child. I don't know what my daughter-in-law going to do because she's a full time college student and doesn't have a job and my oldest child worked as a dental hygientist for a year now, looks like me and my husband and my daughter-in-law's family may have to pitch in to support my granddaughter and my daughter-in-law not looking for a job until after she finished college...well I don't know now and she may have to get a job as soon as possible now that her husband is gone recently. I don't know if I want to go to work tomorrow because of what happened. My daughter-in-law called my husband as well and after my husband hear the news they let him take off early from work and give him few days off. The doctors at the hospital my son got sent to and after he was pronounce dead and the doctor did told my daughter-in-law that they will do an autopsy on him as soon as possible. I remember a few years ago oldest child saying that he wanted to be cremated if did pass away and my husband, my daughter-in-law, and I will grant his wish and he will be cremated instead of being buried and will happen after the doctor does an autopsy on him. I'm in tears right now and I may not work tomorrow because of it I'll have to talk to the 2 co-managers to see if they can handle it without me for the next few days because of a tragedy. I still have my 20 year old son and my 10 year old daughter, but it probably won't be the same after I lost my 26 year old son and the children aren't suppose to die before the parents. My 10 year old daughter was staying the night at her friend's house and I went over her friend's house and I had to talk to her friend's mother first then I had to break the bad news to my daughter we were in their attic when I told my daughter this, she was crying immediately and she said she don't want to go to school tomorrow and she decided she wanted to go home now, well I decided my daughter can stay home from school tomorrow and I will have to tell her teacher and principal about this and hopefully they will understand because of a tragedy. The time of death for my 26 year old son was 4:17pm CST earlier today. If you want, you can pray for my husband & I, my daughter-in-law, my 2 younger children, my granddaughter, and rest of the people who love my oldest child although they may not know yet that he passed away today, it's hard on everyone who loved my oldest child. I'll get off the internet for now and I don't know what to do right now after I lost my oldest son. Why did it happen? Why? Why was he gone too soon? I can't believe my husband and I lost our 26 year old son, my 2 children lost their big brother, my daughter-in-law lost their husband, my granddaughhter lost her father, and so on. R.I.P Brian Lee Torres May 17, 1989-February 26, 2014 we will never forget you <3

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:31 PM
4 moms liked this

I am so sorry for your loss. Take some time off from work to grieve. Again, I'm sorry.

BibliophileMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:31 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm so so sorry. There's really nothing adequate to say here, I hope your family finds peace.
Mommytoaangel
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs mama i agree parents shoudent lose our kiddos before us pm me to chat if u want hugs an sorry for ur loss praying for peace in this hard time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michelle479
by Mother Rabbit on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:33 PM
2 moms liked this
I am so sorry.
Sbellemommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I am so sorry. I'm praying for all of you.
HappyTimes100
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:34 PM
My heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry.
MrsKevinTorres
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Thanks for the positive responses so far. Right now I'm about go get off and I'll try to sleep but I don't know. I'll check back later whenever I feel like it.

AmberKS
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:35 PM

I am so so sorry!!

Anotherhalf2
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry for your loss. What a terrible shock. Prayers for your family.
JustMeKat
If I was meant to be controlled, I would have come with a remote
Tuesday at 11:46 PM
by Kat on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:36 PM

I'm so very sorry for your loss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)