Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHY IS NAMING A CHILD SO DAMN HARD?!

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:51 PM
  • 128 Replies
We had a boy name all settled on no problem because we figured she was another boy. Why is it so hard to decide on a girl name?! I've had lots of ideas, I love one name in particular, but DF vetos EVERYTHING. I know we have plenty of time to settle on it, but I just don't like her not having a name.
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

What name do you love?

bcoll
by Brandi on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:52 PM
4 moms liked this

I didn't find it all that difficult. We ran out of babies before we ran out of names. Lol

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Because they will have to live with it for a rest of their lives
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My favorite girl names are Ruby, Scout (weird I know, but its the literary thing), and Gracyn :). 

What does he like? I know he vetoed Declan for a boy, so I already question his naming ability lol!

smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:54 PM

We had the opposite problem with #2! Had a girl name all picked out, and didn't officially decide on a boy name until probably around 36 weeks or so. 

olivejuice2
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:54 PM
My dd didn't have a name for a week after she was born. We had it narrowed down to two but couldn't agree, so we took some time to get to know her before making our final choice. I'm not sorry we did it that way.

Chin up, she'll have a name eventually!
BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:54 PM

RELAX :) it'll come when its perfect. And I agree. It was probably one of the hardest things I've had to do with my 2nd dd. DH hated everything. DD3 is proving to be similar. 

BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I soooo want to name dd3 scout, but dh vetoed it. Its my FAVORITE book ever ;) for my HS grad, my uncle asked what I wanted, and I told him a leather bound edition of that book. 

Quoting sheramom4:

My favorite girl names are Ruby, Scout (weird I know, but its the literary thing), and Gracyn :). 

What does he like? I know he vetoed Declan for a boy, so I already question his naming ability lol!

katemckenzie
by Kate on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:56 PM
I've had my heart set on Kinsey Lennon for a LONG time. Like, years. But he doesn't like Lennon, so I pitched Kinsey Lane. He liked it. Now he doesn't like Kinsey. I'll be DAMNED if I give up Kinsey!

Quoting Sassy762:

What name do you love?

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Quoting BabyPink07:

I soooo want to name dd3 scout, but dh vetoed it. Its my FAVORITE book ever ;) for my HS grad, my uncle asked what I wanted, and I told him a leather bound edition of that book. 

Quoting sheramom4:

It was of my short list and I got vetoed as well. All three of those names were on my list, all three vetoed. As was Holden for my only boy. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)