Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

any recovering addicts in here? Edit

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:04 AM
  • 52 Replies

so I am but I don't wanna go into crazy details at the moment...just support.

I've been clean for 6 months and these past few weeks have been extremely tough at times. I started smoking weed and drinking in 7th grade. In 8th grade I tried pills and coke for the first time. When I got in HS partying became priority over everything! I was lucky enough to never get into meth, crack or heroin...I seen what it was doing to people around me and that scared me off. My d.o.c will always been weed and alcohol. I know people think "wow weed really?!" but for me yes really. I smoked for 10 years before I finally stopped and it was extremely hard to just let it ago. My DH is 5 years sober from alcohol. My thoughts sometimes when I get stressed or bored is "hey I really wanna get fucked up in any way I can!" and sometimes I'll think "If I could only have a glass of wine I'll be fine!" I won't do that for my DH sake :) I guess it's kinda like well if I just had one thing to relax me for one night I'd be fine but I know deep down it wouldn't! Everything I have would go down the drain and that's the last thing I want to happen!!!

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:06 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm in recovery, alcoholic though.  My husband is in NA, just celebrated 15 years last month.

LeslieandBerlyn
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:08 AM
4 moms liked this
I am a recovering addict. I have 18 months clean and sober. Finally happy with my life and myself. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I am. My problem is opiates. I know it sucks, good luck getting and staying clean.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Congrats!

Quoting LeslieandBerlyn: I am a recovering addict. I have 18 months clean and sober. Finally happy with my life and myself. :)
mommymix0820
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:11 AM

my DH is recovering alcoholic with 5 years sobriety :) I've done a lot but never the hard stuff like meth, crack or herion...but I've been addicted to pills and I've had my share of drinks. My favorite was weed (and I know that's not a huge deal) but I smoked for 10 years and had a really had time stopping. Six months clean off of everything and I still struggle daily! Does it ever get easier?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm in recovery, alcoholic though.  My husband is in NA, just celebrated 15 years last month.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:11 AM
What do you need?
LeslieandBerlyn
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Thank you :)

Quoting Anonymous: Congrats!

Quoting LeslieandBerlyn: I am a recovering addict. I have 18 months clean and sober. Finally happy with my life and myself. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:13 AM

How can we help ?

mommymix0820
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:14 AM

How to make it stop?! Every thing seems to be a trigger these days! :'(

Quoting Anonymous: What do you need?

mommymix0820
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Some days everything seems too much and I just want to get fucked up...I'm just being honest with myself...everything has become a trigger

Quoting Anonymous:

How can we help ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)