Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The mentally disabled shouldn't breed

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The mentally disabled shouldn't breed. It is likely they will neglect or abuse their children. It is likely they will pass on their mental disabilities to their offspring. And if they do pass on those mental disabilities to their child/ren the child/ren will suffer as a result of those mental disabilities.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Replies (111-116):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:53 PM

It is true.  I agree with you.   there is NO reason for allowing people who cannot even take care of themselves to have babies.  

JessMc33
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:54 PM

You shouldn't breed, but I can't stop that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:56 PM

blank stare

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Why? Because IMO I don't think she should have more kids when she isn't healthy and can't work to support them?

Quoting AVSpecWife4: Jerk

Quoting Anonymous: Good

Quoting blsdbyangel07: Umm... Why would I? Besides, i've had a partial hysterectomy.

Quoting Anonymous: Then I hope you don't have anymore kids

Quoting blsdbyangel07: What about people who become disabled after kids?

I have ALWAYS worked atleast 1 job but most of the time 2 & sometimes 3. When my son was 3 due to his issues I had to switch from days to nights so I could stay home with him during the day. I found a job at night so my folks could keep my son at night since they had daytime jobs. Once he got into prek I went back to both days and nights busting my butt at that. In Nov 2011 while I was at work I got so dizzy and nauseous I was sent home. I went to the dr and it went downhill after that. I was impacted but the dizziness was being caused by a spinal disorder.

Severe thoracolumbar scoliosis, degenerative disc disease, 3 bulging discs and fibro. After having major back surgery - lumbar laminectomy disc fusion on July 24, 2012 - from the moment i woke up i knew something was wrong. Fast forward to NOW i have severe nerve damaged caused by scar tissue disease being wrapped around my s1 nerve root and my bladder was damaged thus i have to catheter myself to tinkle... I strain but nothing comes out. Plus, my bowel issues is way worse so i depend on enemas or stomach bugs (thanks to one this week atleast im fully cleansed, lol) so i have to see a surgeon on the 27th to see if he feels the nerve damaged affected my bowels... The damaged nerve root is connected to my bladder and bowels. If he feels that is so ill need my colon removed. They will attach my small intestine to my rectum. They are worried if i continue on my current path i may become septic. Yuck!

I have not been able to work since I got sick in late Nov 2011. As a result of being in pain 24.7 i'm severely depressed and often think of suicide as a means of escaping the pain. My disability was approved about a month ago. I recently had to give up my apartment and move in with my parents bc of the pain im in bed all day some days :/ little things give me out. Days when I have multiple dr appts 45mins away (which is where most of my drs are) we are gone 3/4 of the day so by the time we get home i go to bed and it can take days to recoup.

Before becoming sick Naeem had medicaid. I was a single mom and his dad gave me $50 a month. I never applied for fs until December 2011 when it became apparent I was not gonna be able to go back to work as quickly as planned. I hoped to be able to return after back surgery but instead im in constant wide spread pain every second of the day. My folks help with my son. Heck some days my mom has to help me get dressed, fix me a sammich, assist me to the bathroom, etc bc I cannot bc the pain is that intense. *sigh*

Quoting Anonymous: If you are so disabled that you can't work, then no, you shouldn't. If you can't work then how can you provide for your child
mommytoacloud
by Angel on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Agree to an extent XH was mentaly ill but im plenty stable and was for the both of us
lancet98
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:55 AM

To the OP: There is just the one teeny weeny problem with your logic.

Remember Hitler?   He killed every mentally ill, developmentally delayed person he could find.   He killed a great many people.

And the next generation, there were just as many mentally ill and developmentally delayed people in his 'empire'.

And you don't know why that is.   And do you know why you don't know why that is?

Because you don't understand genetics.   At all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)