Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My pediatrician said what?! *Poll added!* *Edit/update*

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Is that weird?

Options:

Yes!

Maybe a little...

Nope!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 759

View Results

I took my son into a new pediatrician today, to see if I liked her more then my family doctor. I went because my SIL highly recommended her and has not stopped bothering me about making an appointment. So I made one to shut her up. I already don't like the pediatrician because she has had my 2 year old niece on about 6 different medications for the past 2 months, for a cough. She has no health problems, just a cough. And it hasn't gotten better. I also have 4 year old nephew and I always hear how their doctor is putting them on new medications. I just feel that she pushes them onto medications so fast, without seeing if something clears up on its own.

anyway, so I go in and I get my son undressed. I already made the appointment and I have follow up appointment for my son with my family doctor, an hour later.

Sorry I keep rambling.

Anyway, so my son is sitting naked because he has a diaper rash.

The doctor comes in and picks him up.

She says to my son

" Your body is beautiful, you have such a beautiful body"

Okay, in my opinion, that is a very very very weird thing to say! My son is 9 months old and 26.7 pounds now, but... She could have said he was chubby.. I just think the wording was weird.

Do you think that is weird of her to say? I'm not going back to her because she tried to put my son on 4 different medications and wouldn't tell me why or what they were for.

Took my son to my family doctor after and he has Croup and a yeast infection :( But he is on one does of an oral medicine and them a topical cream.

Do you think that was weird of the pediatrician to say?

EDIT: I guess I worded that wrong. It isn't that she refused to answer my questions, but she might have went to explain, but right after I asked, the nurse called her and said she needed help with something, and they left. The nurse came back and said that we were finished. I didn't even bother asking again because I didn't like her and I was not coming back. Also, another reason I was looking for a new doctor was because I am a worry wart mother. I bring him in a lot whenever I think something is wrong. My family doctor is a good doctor, I just felt like she brushed me off when I told her he was sick and had a bad cough, because I brought him in so much. Turns out I was right and he DID have croup, she just couldn't tell at the other appointment because it was in its beginning stage and not very bad. 

I told my family doctor to ignore the "transfer" paper work that the pedictrician faxed over and I had to sign a form. I know, I need to know when to stand my ground and speak up. I'm working on it.

Zander is doing a little bit better already with the cough! He only has one more does of medicine for croup today, and then 3 more tomorrow and then he is done! 

I didn't decide not to stay with the pediatrician based on the fact alone on that comment. I just thought it was a weird thing to say. 

Thank you ladies for your input and opinions, I have read them all! Looking forward to hear more!!

I'm a loud laughing, hug giving, million kisses, bed sharing, breastfeeding, attachment parenting, teen mother!

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:06 AM
Replies (221-229):
TawnyMedina
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:46 PM
No. I say it to my girls all the time. I can understand why you'd find it odd though. If it's not something you say/hear regularly I can totally understand being put off hearing a stranger say it to your child!
1uniquemommy86
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:46 PM
My midwife told me I had a beautiful cervix. I think doctors see bodies differently than we do.
Diane1223
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:08 AM

BUMP!

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol thanks!

Quoting Diane1223:

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Lol well you can but they just spit up if you do

Quoting Halfdeafmommy: You can't over feed a breastfed baby.

Quoting KatCawrse:

Wait a minute, your son is "9 months and 26lbs"? I'd be concernd with his weight not what the pediatrician is clearly avoiding! Maybe she was giving you a subtle hint!

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Lol that is true! Which mine never has, so no issue there.

Quoting Anonymous: Lol well you can but they just spit up if you do
Quoting KatCawrse:

Wait a minute, your son is "9 months and 26lbs"? I'd be concernd with his weight not what the pediatrician is clearly avoiding! Maybe she was giving you a subtle hint!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:21 AM
You're so lucky! My baby spit up alot but he just loved to eat haha. Once he went to baby food, that stopped but poor kid barely kept it all down til next meal

Quoting Halfdeafmommy:

Lol that is true! Which mine never has, so no issue there.

Quoting Anonymous: Lol well you can but they just spit up if you do

Quoting KatCawrse:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, that was her way of saying it was healthy. After one of my ultrasounds, a nurse told me my amniotic fluid level was beautiful. Lol

Quoting 1uniquemommy86: My midwife told me I had a beautiful cervix. I think doctors see bodies differently than we do.
ColaHairstylist
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:13 PM
That Dr is so creepy!!! I think there is something mentally wrong there. And why does she want all the children to be drugged up all the time? I think you were right not to go back. Don't let people tell you what to do with your kids. Just do what you have been doing. What is the best thing to do for your Baby. No one knows your Baby better than You. So like you said, if something doesn't seem right it probably isn't. So better safe than sorry. I think your Baby has a Wonderful. .. Mom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)