Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Organ donation should be mandatory

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 144 Replies
2 moms liked this

Organ donation, from brain dead people, or people who have died recently, should be mandatory. Regardles, of the burial/cremation wishes from the living, for those who are deceased.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:11 AM
15 moms liked this
No.. it shouldn't. They are my organs and I don't have to give them up if I don't want to.

That includes my body after I die.
ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:12 AM
1 mom liked this
That's disgusting. peoples organs shouldn't be touched without their permission
ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:14 AM
8 moms liked this
OP is very selfish. The human body shouldn't be harvested like a community garden. legally dead or not.

Quoting thefiregoddess: No.. it shouldn't. They are my organs and I don't have to give them up if I don't want to.

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:15 AM
5 moms liked this

I'm dead, why would I need my organs? If I can save someones life, then take them! I won't need them! 

supergasper
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:16 AM

No, I don't agree.  Unless you made your wishes to be a donor clear while you were alive and of sound mind, your organs stay in your body.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:16 AM
10 moms liked this
I don't think it should be mandatory because religious freedom needs to be respected. I think a better solution would be to make it the default option. As it stands now, you have to sign up to be an organ donor but in countries where people have to opt out of the program have much higher rates of organ donation. As it turns out, mist people don't really care that much and just go with the option applied to them. It's basically laziness on their part. We can actually put laziness to good use :)
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:17 AM
no .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:17 AM
6 moms liked this

i disagree strongly!!! 

and it's sort of awful that you feel people should lose their say over their own body, or that a wife should have no say over her husbands body, etc......

i would like my organs donated... my husband is very against the idea of his being donated! i will repsect his wishes if he goes first, just as id expect him to respect mine!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Hell no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:18 AM
3 moms liked this
I was of the opinion that having your organs eaten by creepy crawlies while letting someone die seems a lot more selfish.

Quoting ChewyBrownies: OP is very selfish. The human body shouldn't be harvested like a community garden. legally dead or not.

Quoting thefiregoddess: No.. it shouldn't. They are my organs and I don't have to give them up if I don't want to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)