Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
This baby will be my mothers first grandchild, so lately she had been somewhat fixated on picking out her "name" (grammy, nana, meme, grandma, etc.) At first I thought it was adorable now I'm just kid of like... Come on mom, don't over complicate things! Just let a name come on it's own! Today she asked me if she could be Momma, and besides feeling like it's too similar to mom/mommy which my baby will obviously call me, I had to tell her it was out because I call my dog "momma dog" or "Franky momma" all the time. Something will click for her eventually, and she will love whatever it is.

How did your parents pick out what they'd like to be called? Did your kids decide for them?
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:43 AM
Replies (181-185):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:18 PM
My kids call my mom ..... Mema mommy backwards
Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Lol not a grandparent but my son is Jameson but everyone calls him bill...lol

Quoting Anonymous: Well at least that makes sense lol my name is Kristi and we have no idea why I am bob.

Quoting lizlaughlove:

Barbara. She goes by Bobbie. 

Quoting Anonymous:

is her name remotely related to bob? 

Quoting lizlaughlove:

My kids call my sister Aunt Bob.

Quoting Anonymous: My mothers first grandchild called her mini for two years until she decided she like Nonna better and proceeded to seriously confuse the two year old. I think she is nuts and kids will name them eventually anyway. My niece and nephews call me aunt bob, the first one named me and it has stuck and been passed on to the little ones. And bonus, my mother HATES it.

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:24 PM
This is tricky, since what you pick will often get tossed aside depending solely on the child's verbal ability. My grandmother had very specific ideas on what was acceptable for us to call her. Well, as a baby, I called her Granner, supposedly referring to her habit of always having bananas on hand,which I could not pronounce. 12 grands and 20 great grands later, she is still Granner.
Malissa1578
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:53 PM

My kids picked what to call them.

AmiJanell
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:59 PM

They didn't pick...  my son call's my mom "grandma Paul"  or simply "Paul" (her name is Lori)  her BF is Paul... but he calls him "Other Paul"... he's called her this since he was about 1 1/2... he's 5 1/2 now and insists that her name is "Paul"

He calls his other grandparents Grandma or Grandpa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN