Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mental illness has won! **EDIT** **UPDATE 3/4**

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:08 AM
  • 116 Replies

Many of you have followed my story of my son Jeremiah. I am sad to say I think we may have lost the battle with his mental illness. Jeremiah went to psych hospital the other day after cycling out of control with his therapist here. He went after all of us and we had to call the police. Went to family therapy on Tuesday and Jeremiah basically said if he comes home he will make all of our lives a living hell, he will hurt his dad when I leave for my retreat and he will hurt me when I get back. He is on probation and I have asked the judge to place him in a group/foster home with independent living being the end result and not reunification. The past few days I have really looked at all the options and this one seems to be the best for us all. My other 3 children need me to be there both physically and emotionally for them. They have missed out on so much. He will be placed close, visits and over nights will be allowed as long as they are earned. My rights will not be relinquished either. He is almost 15, much bigger and stronger than both his father and I, and he could do us damage. I really do not need or want to hear that I am a bad parent, am doing wrong etc so please do not post if that is your opinion. 

Here is the place he may go to, its 4 miles from my home. 

Okay need major prayers that we get a acceptance to the House of Hope by tomorrow. If not Jeremiah will be released and I will have to choose between opening up a DCS case or bringing him back home to deal with the torture. This place seems like it might be a good fit for him and its like 4 miles away from home.
http://www.houseofhopenei.org/

3/4

HERE is an updated thread!

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:10 AM
3 moms liked this
Mental illness has only won, if you have quit fighting.
plprincess78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs!..but it hasn't won.  Maybe the battle but not the war.  As long as you never completely give up on him mental illness hasn't won.  Stay Strong!

jjames1990
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:15 AM
Mental illnesd had not won, the battle is never over unlesz your son kills himself.

Do not give uo. The professionals can help. You as the parent have to trust that, support them and stay supportive of him. He is still very young. A lot can change in the next few years
2and2onway
by Kimmie on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:15 AM

There are special group and foster homes that take in children like my son, they are liscened and trained to deal with these kids.

Quoting KyahZia: How can you put him in foster care if he is a threat? Isn't he more likely to hurt them?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:15 AM
Sometimes the best thing we can do is let go and let them get the help they need. Hugs to you.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:15 AM

hugs I'm sure it wasn't easy to make the decision you have had to.

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I will be fighting from a safe distance.

Quoting Anonymous: Mental illness has only won, if you have quit fighting.

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you, I will still be very involved, I am not relinquishing my rights.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

hugs I'm sure it wasn't easy to make the decision you have had to.

marie85
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:17 AM

I Wouldn't think about it as losing the battle. Maybe he will get the help he needs. 

Jblb
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Have you given up? If yes I have nothing nice to say.

If no (which I'm 100% sure this is your answer) then you do what you have to do, for your son, for you and the rest of the family. Nobody wants to send their kids away, but if being at home is going to cause harm to himself or anyone else, IMO you have chosen the right path!! Go on your retreat and relax, and enjoy your time. Good luck momma
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN