Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

s/o how do you file (anti-vax)

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:28 AM
  • 24 Replies
my son hasn't had any shots in a while. honestly it has nothing to do with me not wanting them but he has to start school. in another post someone said you can file so you don't have to? how would i do that?
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KiKi-Love
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:29 AM

what state are you in?

danie24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:30 AM

My 3 kids are vaccine free. I am in Canada, though, so they don't even ask about vaccines when you register for school.

But if you're in the US you will need an exemption form. You just print it off, fill it out and give it to the school when you register your kid for Kindergarten.

What state are you in? I can give you a link to print the form.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:30 AM

google 'vaccine exemption for school' for your state...it should bring up a list of state websites as well as others pertaining to exemptions. Click on your state, and it should bring you to laws and how to file. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Some states require a handwritten letter explaining your choice...not all states just 'have a form' to fill out. 

Quoting danie24:

My 3 kids are vaccine free. I am in Canada, though, so they don't even ask about vaccines when you register for school.

But if you're in the US you will need an exemption form. You just print it off, fill it out and give it to the school when you register your kid for Kindergarten.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Are you talking about a religious exemption? Only 2 states in america don't honor them. But, as far as the process, I am pretty sure it varies from state to state. In Tn, I printed the waiver from the web and filled it out and signed it and gave it to the office.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Talk to your child's school. All states, and sometimes even districts, have their own policies. 

danie24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:34 AM

LOL - that will be on the form if it's required.

Quoting Anonymous:

Some states require a handwritten letter explaining your choice...not all states just 'have a form' to fill out. 

Quoting danie24:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:34 AM

NO, do not talk to the school....the nurses are notorious liars, and are likely to tell the mom there are no exemptions...call your local health dept about this issue, NOT the school

Quoting Anonymous:

Talk to your child's school. All states, and sometimes even districts, have their own policies. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:35 AM

What i'm saying is, some states do NOT have a 'form' at all...they tell the parent to write a letter and it's in the wording of the law.

Quoting danie24:

LOL - that will be on the form if it's required.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting danie24:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)