Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

s/o how do you file (anti-vax)

my son hasn't had any shots in a while. honestly it has nothing to do with me not wanting them but he has to start school. in another post someone said you can file so you don't have to? how would i do that?
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Replies (21-24):
Mylilmonkey1120
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:48 AM
i live in a small area. not vaxing isnt something you hear about. i dont even think they would be to truthful

Quoting Anonymous:

NO, do not talk to the school....the nurses are notorious liars, and are likely to tell the mom there are no exemptions...call your local health dept about this issue, NOT the school

Quoting Anonymous:

Talk to your child's school. All states, and sometimes even districts, have their own policies. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:48 AM

there is no form for new jersey...you have to write a letter

http://www.state.nj.us/health/cd/documents/religious_exemption.pdf

Quote:

The New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services (NJDHSS) has 

received numerous inquiries regarding enforcement of N.J.A.C. 8:57 – 4, Immunization 

of Pupils in School. The issue of exemptions to mandatory immunizations has been 

reviewed by the NJDHSS Office of Legal and Regulatory Affairs and the New Jersey 

Office of the Attorney General. Below is a summary of the advice received from legal 

council regarding exemptions to immunization(s). 

• Religious Exemptions: 

N.J.S.A. 26:1A – 9.1 provides an exemption for pupils from mandatory 

immunization “if the parent or guardian of the pupil objects thereto in a written 

statement signed by the parent or guardian upon the grounds that the proposed 

immunization interferes with the free exercise of the pupil’s religious rights.” All 

schools, child care centers, and local health officers may be advised that the 

religious exemption extends to private, parochial, and public institutions. When a 

parent or guardian submits their written religious exemption to immunization, 

which contains some religious reference, those persons charged with 

implementing administrative rules at N.J.A.C. 8:57 – 4.4, should not question 

whether the parent’s professed religious statement or stated belief is reasonable, 

acceptable, sincere and bona fide. In practice, if the written statement contains 

the word “religion” or “religious” or some reference thereto, then the statement 

should be accepted and the religious exemption of mandatory immunization(s) 

granted. The language requiring how the administration of immunizing agents 

conflicts with the student’s religious beliefs does not mandate specificity as to 

membership in a recognized church or religious denomination. NJDHSS will 

seek to amend the rules at N.J.A.C. 8:57 – 4.4 through the Administrative Rules 

process to be consistent with N.J.S.A. 26:1A – 9.1.

Quoting danie24:

48 states have a form. Each form is different. Some forms ask you to clearly write out your reason for not vaccinating. Others don't.

West Virginia and Mississippi are the only two states that don't have forms and do not accept any kind of exemption other than medical. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What i'm saying is, some states do NOT have a 'form' at all...they tell the parent to write a letter and it's in the wording of the law.

Quoting danie24:

LOL - that will be on the form if it's required.

Quoting Anonymous:

Some states require a handwritten letter explaining your choice...not all states just 'have a form' to fill out. 

Quoting danie24:

My 3 kids are vaccine free. I am in Canada, though, so they don't even ask about vaccines when you register for school.

But if you're in the US you will need an exemption form. You just print it off, fill it out and give it to the school when you register your kid for Kindergarten.

What state are you in? I can give you a link to print the form.

Jodee24
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:50 AM
OP if you need help or questions I'm in jersey too. My youngest doesn't get vaxs anymore bc of allergies
Mylilmonkey1120
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM
my son was getting select vaxs because of an allgery. thank god i thought it was weird and said something. and yes please. i know i have to sign him up soon and pregnancy brain is not helping much.

Quoting Jodee24: OP if you need help or questions I'm in jersey too. My youngest doesn't get vaxs anymore bc of allergies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)