Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ashamed of being an American.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 130 Replies
The rest of the world sees you as being very different from what you think.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KiKi-Love
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Unfortunate truth
rock.starPWR
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Very true. I'm not proud of this country. Becoming more so bit by bit. Yesterday's victory for freedom and equality in Texas helped!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajdahd13
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:31 AM
4 moms liked this
I think every country is guilty of that. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:33 AM
5 moms liked this

Sorry you feel that way. We are having some troubling times, but I am still proud to be an American.

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:33 AM
I don't even care what other Americans think of me unless they are friends. Same goes for other nationalities. Get along great with my Egyptian, Indian, Korean, Singaporean, Australian, Mexican, Cuban, Canadian, and Irish friends. Don't care if random people are judging me for being fat or stupid or arrogant or whatever all Americans must be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Thing is the USA is still behind many countries when it comes to equality for its citizens.  In many countries a person cannot be discriminated against due to their - age, religion, race, and sexual orientation.  The USA needs to come out of the dark ages in regards to some of these issues.

Quoting rock.starPWR: Very true. I'm not proud of this country. Becoming more so bit by bit. Yesterday's victory for freedom and equality in Texas helped!

Kmary
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I know exactly what the rest of the world thinks of Americans.  I also think that every nation has its positives and negatives.  I can be proud of America and simultaneously admit that it's flawed and try to change it for the good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Welcome to the three percent. Lol I know exactly what other countries think of us and I know why. That is why I refuse to vote for a d or r. Of course, on the flip side, lots of place have a opinion, but have no problems taking our aid, so.. Yeah.
EarlGrayHot
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this

As if other countries don't do things of which you do not approve.  There are plenty of Americans who do the right thing.  Why blame everyone for the misdeads of some?

Tracylynn100
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:35 AM

I don't care how others view me, you could try to change thing or are always free to leave

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)