Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ashamed of being an American.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
The rest of the world sees you as being very different from what you think.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Replies (121-130):
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Lol lol lol!
Oh well, i think she took it to a new level.
So you know, me and my imperfect Canadian self gave her an apology because i did not mean to hurt her feels and set her to sing the glory song of her people.

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

LOL.If it was hunger games lets face it us fat Americans would win.LOL

Quoting Lilith23: Are you dumb!?
Lol when i said look at Russia, meaning that we Canadians are on good terms with pretty much everyone.
And girl, you're taking this patriotic shit way too seriously ok, relaxe nobody made you Captain America.
Chill, this is MC not hunger games of the nations.

Quoting Anonymous: So, you side with America on Russia? Very interesting. I don't even side with America when it comes to Russia and I an American. I don't care who you think thinks you're cool, the whole world laughs at Canadians. You have never noticed you are the butt of most jokes? Again, not super observant.

Quoting Lilith23: Oh i do,
we are not perfect...... We are just nice at being imperfect, we still rock ask Switzerland, Africa, Europe.....*coughs*Russia*coughs*. Eh

Quoting Anonymous: Huh. You don't pay very close attention to your own politics, do you?

Quoting Lilith23: That sucks.
I feel proud to be Canadian, seriously we are aweeessssssoooome.
And the world sees us as maple syrup,bacon hippies :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:15 AM
True. However, the historical stigma is still there. Not the same anon.

Quoting Anonymous: What's he got to do with anything? We're talking about present day.

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

Adolf Hitler most likely for one.

Quoting Anonymous: Why is Germany on your list?

Quoting Anonymous: Still not N. Korea Woohoo!

Or Russia!

Or Germany!

Nigeria....

Yeah, it isn't so bad here in the good ol US of A.

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:16 AM

I honestly don't care how the rest of the world views America.. Americans have very different views of other countries as well, many of them not accurate. And that goes for any country really.

Such is life.. who cares. 

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:18 AM

No but apparently you are.I was talking about the op complaining about America and comparing it to other countries.I was saying instead of doing that why not try being a part of the solution.

Quoting Anonymous: Nobody said that, dear. The Canadians are claiming perfection. The rest of us are saying nobody is perfect. Maybe you are all illiterate? I am starting to wonder.
Quoting Gardeningmom4:

I know.It is just ridiculous.Every country has it's problems.Stop comparing your country to others and focus on fixing the problems instead of complaining.

Quoting Lilith23: Lol she got butthurt O.o seriously, some people need to chill on the whole " I'm proud to be this and that and you suck" type of mentality.
Quoting Gardeningmom4:

LOL.Don't forget China and India as well.

Quoting Lilith23: Oh i do, we are not perfect...... We are just nice at being imperfect, we still rock ask Switzerland, Africa, Europe.....*coughs*Russia*coughs*. Eh
Quoting Anonymous: Huh. You don't pay very close attention to your own politics, do you?
Quoting Lilith23: That sucks. I feel proud to be Canadian, seriously we are aweeessssssoooome. And the world sees us as maple syrup,bacon hippies :)

Jeanette511
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:20 AM

I will never be ashamed to be an American. Bad people come from everywhere... 

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:22 AM

LOL.Some people will never get it.All countries have problems.And none are perfect.Though if it was going to be hunger games I would go after Canada first because I loves me some Canadian bacon and maple syrup.LOL

Quoting Lilith23: Lol lol lol! Oh well, i think she took it to a new level. So you know, me and my imperfect Canadian self gave her an apology because i did not mean to hurt her feels and set her to sing the glory song of her people.
Quoting Gardeningmom4:

Quoting Lilith23: Are you dumb!? Lol when i said look at Russia, meaning that we Canadians are on good terms with pretty much everyone. And girl, you're taking this patriotic shit way too seriously ok, relaxe nobody made you Captain America. Chill, this is MC not hunger games of the nations.
Quoting Anonymous: So, you side with America on Russia? Very interesting. I don't even side with America when it comes to Russia and I an American. I don't care who you think thinks you're cool, the whole world laughs at Canadians. You have never noticed you are the butt of most jokes? Again, not super observant.
Quoting Lilith23: Oh i do, we are not perfect...... We are just nice at being imperfect, we still rock ask Switzerland, Africa, Europe.....*coughs*Russia*coughs*. Eh
Quoting Lilith23: That sucks. I feel proud to be Canadian, seriously we are aweeessssssoooome. And the world sees us as maple syrup,bacon hippies :)

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:27 AM
I'd go for the Europen, the white chocolate and Croissants are delicious.
Lol
meh, i know Canada isn't perfect but is it a bad thing to be proud of my Country like she is of hers?

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

LOL.Some people will never get it.All countries have problems.And none are perfect.Though if it was going to be hunger games I would go after Canada first because I loves me some Canadian bacon and maple syrup.LOL

Quoting Lilith23: Lol lol lol!
Oh well, i think she took it to a new level.
So you know, me and my imperfect Canadian self gave her an apology because i did not mean to hurt her feels and set her to sing the glory song of her people.

Quoting Gardeningmom4:

Quoting Lilith23: Are you dumb!?
Lol when i said look at Russia, meaning that we Canadians are on good terms with pretty much everyone.
And girl, you're taking this patriotic shit way too seriously ok, relaxe nobody made you Captain America.
Chill, this is MC not hunger games of the nations.

Quoting Lilith23: Oh i do,
we are not perfect...... We are just nice at being imperfect, we still rock ask Switzerland, Africa, Europe.....*coughs*Russia*coughs*. Eh

Quoting Lilith23: That sucks.
I feel proud to be Canadian, seriously we are aweeessssssoooome.
And the world sees us as maple syrup,bacon hippies :)

highlandmum
by Spunky on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I never said that America is the only country with issues.  Each country has its own set of problems just like it has strengths.  But it sounds like you are saying that the US is the only country that offers help.  It is not the most generous country in the world - in order to gain a comparable amount you need to look at per capita - and I believe that would go to Norway.

Quoting Anonymous: Never did I say they didn't. However, it is common knowledge the USA is the most generous country, in the world. I was answering this post. I don't have time to write a novel on this subject. I am not the one claiming the only country with issues is America.
Quoting highlandmum:

Just like Iran offered to send 20m barrels of crude oil after hurricane Katrina.  In a disaster almost every country helps each other out.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes, but the rest of the world has no problem taking our money from our very generous people. The rest of the world had no problem calling us when shit hits their fan. Hell, even Iran when they have earthquakes. And we go. The rest of the world has plenty of their own issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:38 AM

I don't think others should define your identity for yourself; that translates to the identity of a country as well. What's that saying shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you; maybe those countries that bitch the loudest should stop getting fed. America does a lot for many other countries and yes we also do a lot of fucked up things to other countries. America isn't perfect no nation is perfect. I choose to be active in changing the negative while boosting the positive rather than hang my head in shame.

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Of course it isn't.It's only natural.Though now that I think  about it I might go after Spain they do have some delicious food and wine.LOL

Quoting Lilith23: I'd go for the Europen, the white chocolate and Croissants are delicious. Lol meh, i know Canada isn't perfect but is it a bad thing to be proud of my Country like she is of hers?
Quoting Gardeningmom4:

Quoting Lilith23: Lol lol lol! Oh well, i think she took it to a new level. So you know, me and my imperfect Canadian self gave her an apology because i did not mean to hurt her feels and set her to sing the glory song of her people.
Quoting Gardeningmom4:

Quoting Lilith23: Are you dumb!? Lol when i said look at Russia, meaning that we Canadians are on good terms with pretty much everyone. And girl, you're taking this patriotic shit way too seriously ok, relaxe nobody made you Captain America. Chill, this is MC not hunger games of the nations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)