Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are on the fence about VACCINES.. this is a great post with lots of information

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:51 AM
  • 94 Replies
1 mom liked this

If you are on the fence about vaccinating your babies or young children, this is a great post. (Sorry, I can't make it clicky)

http://healthimpactnews.com/2013/dr-kurt-why-i-will-never-choose-to-vaccinate-my-own-son-and-any-future-kids-my-wife-and-i-have/

It is long, but has a ton of great information.

Dr Kurt Perkins is such a smart guy. He has a background in biochemistry and genetics and is a father and husband who works hard to lobby for parental CHOICE and freedom of information.

I really liked this post because he had a great sense of humor throughout and covered everything regarding the "vaccine debate".

I also loved how he added the graphs.

Check it out :)

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wymama610
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:09 AM
3 moms liked this
I skimmed it. I think it's a bunch of malarkey. My grandmother is a polio survivor. She wasn't paralyzed, but I can assure you, it's not just a fever and some barf. She is now suffering from secondary polio syndrome.

If you don't want to vaccinate, fine. Just stay away from me and mine thank you very much.
danie24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting wymama610: I skimmed it. I think it's a bunch of malarkey. My grandmother is a polio survivor. She wasn't paralyzed, but I can assure you, it's not just a fever and some barf. She is now suffering from secondary polio syndrome. If you don't want to vaccinate, fine. Just stay away from me and mine thank you very much.

You sound very uneducated.

In over 95% of the time, polio presents with the following symptoms: slight fever, headache, sore throat, and vomiting.  These start 3-5 days after exposure and recovery is 24-72 hours with a result of lifetime immunity. 

How is that malarkey? LOL - just because you don't understand Polio?

Your kids are FAR more at risk of death or serious injury while driving in a car than being exposed to polio.

And, no, my children and I won't stay away from anyone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

We will. I am not one to hang out with stupid people.lol

Quoting wymama610: I skimmed it. I think it's a bunch of malarkey. My grandmother is a polio survivor. She wasn't paralyzed, but I can assure you, it's not just a fever and some barf. She is now suffering from secondary polio syndrome. If you don't want to vaccinate, fine. Just stay away from me and mine thank you very much.

wymama610
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting danie24:

In over 95% of the time, polio presents with the following symptoms: slight fever, headache, sore throat, and vomiting.  These start 3-5 days after exposure and recovery is 24-72 hours with a result of lifetime immunity. 

Your kids are FAR more at risk of death or serious injury while driving in a car than being exposed to polio.

How old are you? Have you ever met anyone who had polio before the vaccine? My guess is no. If you want to just parrot shit you read on some guys blog, knock yourself out. And, yes, my kids are not likely to contract things like polio, because of VACCINES. I seriously wish people like you would have to watch their kids struggle with polio, diphtheria, or some of the other things vaccines prevent. Good day. Obviously there isn't much interest in your junk science. I'm not going to help bump this utter shit anymore.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wymama610:

Quoting danie24:

How old are you? Have you ever met anyone who had polio before the vaccine? My guess is no. If you want to just parrot shit you read on some guys blog, knock yourself out. And, yes, my kids are not likely to contract things like polio, because of VACCINES. I seriously wish people like you would have to watch their kids struggle with polio, diphtheria, or some of the other things vaccines prevent. Good day. Obviously there isn't much interest in your junk science. I'm not going to help bump this utter shit anymore.

You're so ignorant that you don't even realize that the Polio Vaccine Insert itself clearly states: "Approximately 90% to 95% of poliovirus infections are asymptomatic." But that's just a bunch of malarkey, right? LOL!

Educate yourself, lady.

http://www.immunize.org/packageinserts/pi_polioipv.asp

But thanks for the bumps :)

This post is for people who are on the fence and have questions and concerns about the current vaccine schedule. Not the sheep who don't care to ask questions or learn anything about basic human biology and infectious disease.

wymama610
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting danie24:

Quoting wymama610:

Quoting danie24:

You're so ignorant that you don't even realize that the Polio Vaccine Insert itself clearly states: "Approximately 90% to 95% of poliovirus infections are asymptomatic." But that's just a bunch of malarkey, right? LOL!

Educate yourself, lady.

http://www.immunize.org/packageinserts/pi_polioipv.asp

But thanks for the bumps :)This post is for people who are on the fence and have questions and concerns about the current vaccine schedule. Not the sheep who don't care to ask questions or learn anything about basic human biology and infectious disease.

Ok, I'll respond one more time. I do know what the vaccine insert states. I also know from hearing with my own ears, and seeing with my own eyes, my grandmothers experience with a 'mild' case of polio. Lifelong muscle pain, joint pain, muscle weakness....... And now that she's older? Her spine is twisting because her back muscles have become so weak. Why in the fuck would I NOT want my kids or myself to have to suffer like that? 

Now go ahead and respond one more time so you can bump your pathetic post. Obviously the droves of people aren't here, thanking you for your insight and 'knowledge' LOL

Oh, and most doctors these days have never actually seen things like polio, unless they've gone abroad. They have seen what you've seen, and what I've seen for the most part. Pictures in a book, and statistics.

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:23 AM
8 moms liked this

I don't care, or believe in this anti vaccine stupidity. I've done my research already, though I'm sure I'll be accused of being a sheep or unintelligent. 

Edit: In what universe is exactly ONE source "lots of information"? 

ZombieMeat
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:26 AM
2 moms liked this
You really hope a child gets sick? That's pretty disgusting.

Quoting wymama610:

Quoting danie24:

Quoting wymama610: I skimmed it. I think it's a bunch of malarkey. My grandmother is a polio survivor. She wasn't paralyzed, but I can assure you, it's not just a fever and some barf. She is now suffering from secondary polio syndrome.

If you don't want to vaccinate, fine. Just stay away from me and mine thank you very much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

the majority of the medical community would think he is a freak. NO, no one will ever convince me that the fact I vaccinated my child was the wrong decision many years ago..  I had to be re vaccinated with the MMR booster a few years back due to the fact I was not immuned anymore.  All adults need to be, as the ones who choose to not to vaccinate anymore are causing a lot of problems. with mumps, measles, and whooping cough all back and on the rise again.  I grew up in the 70s and I do not recall any outbreaks of any of those things.  Non vaxers are the ones that are uneducated and ignorant.   I wish they would stop trying to spread their trash, some younger , naive moms seem to be listening.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:31 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't know anyone over the age of 70 that did not know someone with polio and it is nothing to fool around with. Certainly more than a damn fever. and yes, they are maimed.  The info. that non vaxers are spreading is dangerous

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)