Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Damnit Shady kid!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:54 AM
  • 69 Replies

I thought we had an agreement. You show up and do your little circle things but you DO NOT go into people's yards.  My neighbor just came over to tell me that he found her at his back gate. This is unacceptable. This has been going on long enough. The police will be called next time she comes back but she'll probably run away before. Also we are all going to be documenting her trips to the neighborhood. Taking pictures and all of that.  The neighbor whose yard she went into wants to follow her when she leaves next time so he can find out where she lives and tell whatever caretakers she has that she needs to stop. Obviously this kid doesn't go to school so we may be able to just get her for truancy if not tresspassing.  This has been going on for months. Eventually these little "walks" have to stop. 

If she comes into my yard I can't promise that she won't leave with bite marks (and yes, one of my dogs has been professionally trained to protect us). 

Background for those of you sitting there like "Huh?"

After Thanksgiving this kid started showing up on my block. She would walk up and down the block for HOURS on end. She'd come at all hours from 6am to the middle of the night and just walk up and down our block in a circle (go up to the end of the street, cross the street, walk back down, repeat).  Its now Febuary and she's apparently not going anywhere. We've called the cops but by the time the cops come, she runs off. We've just learned to deal with her weirdness and operate around her.

Okay vent over.  

Yes I know its perfectly normal for her to be doing all of these things and my neighbors and I are being weird and paranoid but still. Kid creeps me out daily. 

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I can't believe this is still going on.  That seems crazy.  What the heck is this kid doing?  You don't know me but I remember seeing you post about this several times.  I agree that whatever is going on is strange.  Hopefully you all figure out what is happening.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:58 AM

She just comes at random hours and walks up and down our street. I live on a dead end so I think everyone's assumption that she's "exploring" kind of went out the window. 

Quoting theosgirl45:

I can't believe this is still going on.  That seems crazy.  What the heck is this kid doing?  You don't know me but I remember seeing you post about this several times.  I agree that whatever is going on is strange.  Hopefully you all figure out what is happening.

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:59 AM

I remember the other posts I just meant why is she doing this? Could have phrased that better I guess.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

She just comes at random hours and walks up and down our street. I live on a dead end so I think everyone's assumption that she's "exploring" kind of went out the window. 

Quoting theosgirl45:

“Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.”

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:01 PM
How old us the kid? Maybe she's the daughter of someone's housekeeperand just wanders around while her mom is working?
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:01 PM

I haven't the faintest idea. I think she is mentally ill. After she started showing up I looked up what she is doing and one of the options was Shizophrenia. 

Quoting theosgirl45:

I remember the other posts I just meant why is she doing this? Could have phrased that better I guess.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting theosgirl45:

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:03 PM

She's like 12-14 or something. I doubt she is wandering. If so her mother has some strange hours because she's been here as late as 1am. 

Quoting almondpigeon: How old us the kid? Maybe she's the daughter of someone's housekeeperand just wanders around while her mom is working?

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I can't believe this is still going on. I wonder if life is rough at home, and she's doing it not to be creepy, but to get out of her home and out of her head. I would have people follow her home, or call CPS if you see her out late at night again. 

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Yeah, thats really weird.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

She's like 12-14 or something. I doubt she is wandering. If so her mother has some strange hours because she's been here as late as 1am. 

Quoting almondpigeon: How old us the kid? Maybe she's the daughter of someone's housekeeperand just wanders around while her mom is working?

Bethsunshine
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Is this the Child of the Corn that you posted about a while back?

FelineTopic
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
And nobody has thought to go out and talk to this wandering urchin to find out what she is doing or where she lives?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured