Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

he'll be here tomorrow! update?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, I am really nervous/excited, I will be picking up my ex at the bus station tomorrow, and it will be the first time he's ever met our child, who will be seven on Saturday. He will be staying at our house for two weeks. Suprisingly my dh is completely fine with it and is more ok with it than me taking my child to visit where he lives. Just feeling a bit anxious now.

update!!

his bus is getting here almost seven hours early! I all of a sudden feel unprepared :/

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fairywings1223
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Good luck with everything!!! Why hasn't he ever met his child?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:42 PM

I moved to the other side of the country before I knew I was Prego, and then he got in trouble, and was in jail. We've been talking and he's been talking to our daughter for almost a year, he's really turned himself around or I wouldn't be ok with this.

Quoting Fairywings1223:

Fairywings1223
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:45 PM

I bet your daughter is excited that she gets to meet him. I think its great you have a dh that understands and is okay with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I moved to the other side of the country before I knew I was Prego, and then he got in trouble, and was in jail. We've been talking and he's been talking to our daughter for almost a year, he's really turned himself around or I wouldn't be ok with this.

Quoting Fairywings1223:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

she is excited, she is worried he won't like her, poor thing, yeah my dh is kinda like, if he hits on me he would be mad but otherwise he says if he were in that situation he'd want to meet his child and be a part of their life, but dh is daddy, he's been there since my daughter was ten months old and that's understood on all levels. She's been calling her bd by his name.

Quoting Fairywings1223:

I bet your daughter is excited that she gets to meet him. I think its great you have a dh that understands and is okay with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Fairywings1223:

907PickleMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:23 PM
You are a good mom to give your ex this oppurtunity. I hope all works out and they have a good relationship.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:01 PM

thank you:) he's a good guy, he just made stupid decisions

Quoting Anonymous: You are a good mom to give your ex this oppurtunity. I hope all works out and they have a good relationship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:29 PM
That's crazy. Idk if I would be anxious or what. I guess you are happy for your kid. But he's been gone for 7 years and just pops up and wants to stay at your house.? I wouldn't be ok with that. What if he has changed in a bad way
BeachLifeMama
by Beachy on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Glad your child will get to meet her/his father. My dad left when I was young and don't remember anything about him and we met again after 25 yrs later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:33 PM

he didn't just pop up, we've been talking about it for almost a year, he lives 1200 miles away and it's an expensive trip is all, I wasn't ok with it at first but he's been staying out of trouble and doing well according to his family and friends. (I know bias is a possibility but he is not on the best terms with his family so I don't think they would lie to me.)

Quoting Anonymous: That's crazy. Idk if I would be anxious or what. I guess you are happy for your kid. But he's been gone for 7 years and just pops up and wants to stay at your house.? I wouldn't be ok with that. What if he has changed in a bad way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)