Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Somtimes I wish I was a different color

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 153 Replies

I am white not stay puff marshmellow white but white with a red hue if too much sun.

My dh is hispanic he is dark with a yellow hue. I think his color is too dark and I am too white. I wish at times I could have a tinge of natural darkness. Just between white white and dark dark.

Do you ever with you could be a different color? You know lighter if you are dark. Darker if you are light. Just wondering.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-___-
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I have olive skin, so not really. I wish I was tan sometimes, but then again; I'm very thankful for the body I have. (: 

handy0318
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:32 PM

I would love to be darker. I'm the same as you, white with way too much red if I get the lease bit of sun...and I avoid the sun like the plague due to both freckles and the risk of skin cancer. 

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish I could freakin tan

Damn my Irish skin
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:35 PM
I fucking hate being white. I can't tan for shit. I turn this weird blue purple color when I'm cold, I turn red when I'm hot or burnt. I look almost yellow/green when I'm sick.

I fucking hate hate hate hate being white.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I grew up wishing I was lighter. I tried washing the "dirt" off of me with Brillo pads and bleach, I used skin lighteners, I avoided the sun to the point where I'd wear a hat scarf and cloves in the middle of summer so the sun couldn't make me darker. I grew up being the only dark person in the family. They hated me because of it. I was "the black one", "negra" and other things. I wasn't allowed in the pictures because I would ruin them.  Eventually I just cut them out of my life and decided that I needed to accept the fact that I will never be light.  

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I wish i could look Latina.  I think they have beautiful skin and hair.  

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Nope, I'm pretty happy with what God gave me.

Although I could use a tan...
babyblue415
by champagne on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Caucasian over here. And yes I wish I.was a little darker.
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:43 PM
6 moms liked this

That's awful. Screw those people. 

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I grew up wishing I was lighter. I tried washing the "dirt" off of me with Brillo pads and bleach, I used skin lighteners, I avoided the sun to the point where I'd wear a hat scarf and cloves in the middle of winter so the sun couldn't make me darker. I grew up being the only dark person in the family. They hated me because of it. I was "the black one", "negra" and other things. I wasn't allowed in the pictures because I would ruin them.  Eventually I just cut them out of my life and decided that I needed to accept the fact that I will never be light.  

catcameback
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:43 PM
3 moms liked this

No, I am as white as snow and I am happy with how I look.  It's a part of who I am.  I never really understood why women tan or bleach their skin.  All skin colours are beautiful

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)