Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Has anyone ever gone through this (depression post)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I don't post on here often but I need to vent and see if anyone else had gone through this before.

I'm really depressed, I've been battling it (and losing) since I was 13. It's been awful and at times I have been suicidal although I don't think I"m near that point right now. I just want to shut out the world. I want to shut myself down but I can't because I have three kids I have to take care of by myself (no, I'm not a single mom). I have two in school, one baby and he has been a challenge I sometimes don't think I can handle. He's got medical problems and with me on my own it's just been awful to deal with. I don't go a day without crying for at least a couple hours. I've had NO help from anyone since he was born, even if I've asked (and I don't ask people for things ever so if I do it means I'm desperate). I do the best I can in taking care of my kids but I don't take care of myself, my marriage, or my home as well as I should. I just don't feel like doing anything. I have no hobbies or interests, no time for anything. My "me time" is browsing facebook but I'm about to delete it. I feel like everyone is talking about me behind my back and secretly hate me. I only have 2 friends I hang out with or talk to and both of them have started drama with me over nothing. One went off on me when I asked if she could help me with my son because I was at the point where I felt very overwhelmed and the other started yelling at me because my husband and I are better off than she is and I had said something about being down. I just want to shut everyone off, shut everyone down. 

I'm deleteting facebook, shutting my phone off, and just not leaving the house unless it's to take my kids to school or to get groceries. 

I"m not looking for anyone to say "you need help". Getting help isn't an option. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever been through this so I know I'm not alone.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TattooedMom104
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Yea, you pretty much just described me. It's sucks sometimes. And I'm sorry you feel that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Yes right now also. You are not alone momma!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:04 PM

You need to talk to your doctor about all of this asap.  There's no reason you should be living like this when there are tons of medications out there to help you.  xoxo

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:05 PM

I don't have a doctor or insurance.

Quoting Anonymous:

You need to talk to your doctor about all of this asap.  There's no reason you should be living like this when there are tons of medications out there to help you.  xoxo

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:08 PM

You have to figure something out.  Your OB??  Call the free clinic.  Call Social Security (if that's who you call to get medicaid).  You need help and there's no reason you should be living this life.  You need help now.  And medication will help you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

belindah
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:08 PM

You are not alone.  A lot of people have gone through depression, it is very common.  In fact some of our countries great leaders, of the past had depression (Lincoln is one of them).  You can live a fulfilling life with this awful disease.  If you ever need to talk you can message me.  I wont judge you.

MommyMartinie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Why can't you get help?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:11 PM

No insurance and no support.

Quoting MommyMartinie:

Why can't you get help?

jessecutez2
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I could have wrote this myself. But I am getting help. My anexity is so horrible I can't take it anymore. Pm me if u want
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:13 PM
You can go to a walk in clinic. A friend of mine went to on3 for depression and oaid like $50 for the consultation and meds.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)